Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:24:22 AM

Author Topic: Individualization Mach 3  (Read 6184 times)

Individualization Mach 3
« on: July 17, 2016, 07:17:03 AM »
Hi guys,

i am absolutely new here and I would have some questions concerning Mach 3. I am not using the software for CNC applications; i just want to run a stepper motor on different speeds for different times. I can handle it with Mach 3 and now I started to 'play' with mach3screen (editor) which is for the simple things pretty easy but I would have one 'special' thing I would like to integrate.

First of all about my system: UC300 motion controller - BM01 breakoutboard - CW8060 V2 stepper driver - NEMA 23 4Nm stepper motor
Stepper driver is connected via Pin 2 and 3 (Bm01) and BM01 to Port 2 (UC300)

My 'wish': The motor should start when my other device (which is a medical device) starts to work (I an get a 5V signal out of this device). I connected it already to the BM01 (Pin 10) and configured it in the Input signal settings. I integrated a LED signal on the interfacec and as soon as the 5V are there the signal flashes (means on the electronic side are no problems (hope so...) but now my question is how can I create a button in Mach3Screen which give the command: as soon as the 5V are here > motor start on X speed for X time...?

Maybe someone could help me with this special application....

many many thanks...

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Individualization Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 08:33:40 AM »
Without knowing the full details of your intended application it is difficult to suggest the best way forward but please take a look at Brains… http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,4430.0.html
They are relatively slow in execution but can perform the conditional operations of ‘if this then that’ etc. and may meet your requirements better than screen set buttons.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 03:40:30 PM »
Hi,
thanks for the answer.

Yes I think with Brain would it be possible but I guess I am to stupid  :-\

My wish would be:

If Input 1 is not 0V the stepper motor (Port2 , A-axis) should start turning for a programmed feedrate till the Input on 0 again.

another question: is there a chance to code the DRO? means i would like to divide the displayed feedrate by 40 to show the frequency...?

I attached a screenshot of the interface I have so far...
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 03:42:49 PM »
screenshot

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 01:42:11 AM »
You can’t code the existing OEM DRO but you can code a User Button which will display it’s results in a new User DRO (which can track and take the place of the existing OEM DRO). The new User Button could also be triggered by an external source / function if required.
The button macro language is a subset of MS Visual Basic (cypress enable) and can perform the math calculations you require – details are here;
The Mach3 Macro Programmers Reference & Reference of available VBScript commands http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 04:16:14 AM »
If I understand it right, I can manage to show the current feedrate divided by 40 on a button just with coding it via the VBScript?  ???

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 05:25:49 AM »
Sort of, but you would display the result in a new DRO not on a button.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 05:30:20 AM »
can't find the OEM code for the current feedrate (is there even a OEM for it? because I can choose feedrate in DRO setup, but I can't find a OEM  code...)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 05:56:42 AM »
I think it's OEM Code 818 for the feedrate DRO but it could be OEM Code 97 which is the CV feedrate DRO.

There are others like...
104 rapid feedrate.
122 feedrate ignoring F word.
etc.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 05:57:59 AM »
amny thanks, i will have a try...

and would you have an idea how to fix my switch thing on Brain?