Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:46:52 PM

Author Topic: G76 screwcutting wizard  (Read 1605 times)

G76 screwcutting wizard
« on: July 16, 2016, 11:20:46 AM »
Hello I have recently finished my Harrison m300 CNC long bed conversion to mach3  . I have used a Warp 9 ess Smoothsteper with new servo motors and new drives. And it all works very well and is very accurate. All the turning wizards work and I get good results. but the g76 threading wizard does not work well . if I put all the info in and load code it looks ok. but on execution the first cut is as expected it comes out ok and rapids back to start the second cut cuts the thread at rapid feed and returns at the programed pitch al subsequent cuts are the same. Its as if everything is in reverse. If I use G32 it cuts fine if I wright a simple program to repeat a g32 thread it cuts the same thread consistently. any ideas any body thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: G76 screwcutting wizard
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 01:48:55 PM »
Threading has always worked well for me with the ESS although I do recall I had some issue with it about a year ago when I tried an updated plugin. It was definitely not the problem you are describing though.
If you attach your xml I will take a look and see if I can find an issue in it.
I would also suggest you may want to try an older plugin, sorry can't recall the one I am using but I think it was one of the first ones.
One other thing, if you are using ver 066 of Mach then get rid of it and go back to an older version, 062 is what I use. That will be unlikely to have any bearing on the threading as it is done internally in the ESS but there are lots of other bugs in ver 066, especially with Lathes.

Hood
Re: G76 screwcutting wizard
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 05:15:23 PM »
thanks I will reply in about 2 weeks when I get back home from my holidays