Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:19:23 AM

Author Topic: Can't tick inputs on Data Monitoring Screen  (Read 5736 times)

Can't tick inputs on Data Monitoring Screen
« on: July 08, 2016, 02:55:03 PM »
Running the ESS with the C62 BOB from CNC4PC. PC talking to the board and motors up and running fine.  I've set up for 5v on the C62 Port1 input jumpers because I also have the CNC4PC Switch assembly [ cnc4pc.com/hardware/index-home-limit/mec...ssembly-to-rj45.html ]. I'm not seeing any input LEDs light up on the C62 just behind the RJ45 connector to the Port1 input pins (the axix LEDs are light up fine).

Just cant seem to tick the Port1 inputs on the ESS Plugin Config> Data Monitoring Screen. They remain un-editable. Don't know why. Help and advice appreciated.
Re: Can't tick inputs on Data Monitoring Screen
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 12:22:17 AM »
These port 1 pins from 2 to 9 are only outputs for driver pulse and direction four X,Y,Z,A Axis for drivers to servo or steppers.
 ;D
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 12:55:11 AM »
Even thole you are using the ESS you still use the settings in config / ports and pins /Motor outputs/ dir active is low for 0Volts and high active for 5volts and the same for step. this is were you change the setting for the blank boxes you can't see.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 05:00:05 AM »
Thanks for the responses. I've resolved this issue. There is a known hardware fault in the C62 BOB which has rendered the RJ45 connector for the Port1 Limits&Home inputs (pins 11,12,12,15) inoperable.
The workaround for this is to wire direct to the terminals. I've documented the workaround and attach it for reference should anyone else encounter this issue.