Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:02:21 PM

Author Topic: Using Android device as a 'pendant' for Mach3 (Working)  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
Using Android device as a 'pendant' for Mach3 (Working)
« on: July 06, 2016, 08:54:43 PM »
Hi guys, Its been many years, but I've decided to build a new CNC Router/Plasma machine.

Anyhow I noticed an app for a way to control Mach via an android device. I also noticed that most had given it a 1 star rating. Most said it was a dud.

I looked at options to producing my own app, but have found an easier solution.

Fortunately the freeware software 'Teamviewer' works on both Android and Windows.

This allows me to control my windows computer via android. I'm currently designing a new mach3 screenset that makes the controller more finger friendly.
So far all the tests I have done works well.

What sort of controls do you suggest I put in this new finger friendly screen set?  
Your idea suggestion and input would be appreciated.
Would you consider using this sort of option?

Benny  ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:56:36 PM by Pythagoras »
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².
Re: Using Android device as a 'pendant' for Mach3 (Working)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 08:17:54 AM »
Very nice! helpful also that many newer Android devices are waterproof. I'm waiting patiently for one that can resist having a copper mallet dropped on it, but maybe I ask too much.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 10:51:48 AM »
Nice, the only concern i have is that team viewer always seemed pretty processor intensive, may not be an issue if your pc has some big cahona's ;)
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 03:19:46 PM »
Nice, the only concern i have is that team viewer always seemed pretty processor intensive, may not be an issue if your pc has some big cahona's ;)

Or using one of the USB/Ethernet Motion Controller interfaces as these off-load a lot of the Mach3 processing from the main computer to the Motion Controller device.

Highspeed