Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 11:12:50 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys57CNC and probing  (Read 15864 times)

Offline CHP

•  3 3
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeys57CNC and probing
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2019, 02:00:51 PM »
Another solution would be removing the sanity check in mcTouchOff.lua. Replace the function CheckProbe(state) with:

Code: [Select]
function CheckProbe(state)
wx.wxMilliSleep(20)
return true;
end

But that is dangerous and might lead to errors, even crashes.

Offline gorf23

•  189 189
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2019, 02:27:17 PM »
I run it just with a 10k pullup resistor and works fine... with mach4 and tried it with auggie worked ok but probing in auggie isn't 100% done yet but getting there I have been working with art on it and looks like a few more weeks maybe..
It also works with mach3 but for some reason the probe on screen led seems to flash but still seems to trigger ok...

gary
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »
Unless you have an older board (v1.0 or v1.2) you don't need a pullup resistor.  I tried one with my v1.3 board and it makes no difference.  I'm hoping the filter will do a better job.  In theory, it should.
- Robert Beaubien
- Drone Plastics
-
“Dear Algebra, Please stop asking us to find your X.  She's never coming back and don't ask Y.”

Offline gorf23

•  189 189
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2019, 03:04:57 PM »
I think my board is ver 1.2 and I don't need it, it works both ways.. I just made a board just to make things easier for me has all 8 motor ribbon cables to it and I used screw connectors to drivers also have the probe on it with switch for 10k or not, and have 6 screw connectors for home limit and the pokeys ribbon and Schmitt triggers, been testing about a week so far so good used just grounding switches. optic sensors. also the cheep 3d printer positive logic optic switches and all worked. may add more to board don't know only going with what I may need or want...

gary