Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:50:03 AM

Author Topic: Much need help with trying to move the x & y & z on my eBay 3040 cnc machine  (Read 2471 times)

Hi everyone . First of all this is a great forum with so much information on it .

I am a total newbie to mach3 and cnc work . I have installed Mach 3 and set up the pins and ports to what the one sheet of paper you get with it . I can get the spindle to turn no problem but can get the thing to move with keyboard or anything . When I press the arrows on the keyboard I can see the numbers move on the axis on the monster but the machine does not move .

I am totall sure it is something I am doing wrong and would most appreciated some help.

I am sure this is the first of many questions but would be happy for it to move for now . I am running mach3 on an xp machine and I installed a pci- parallel card and the drivers are all good.

I look forward to the reply.
Many thanks Kev

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Hi Kev. welcome to the forum.

Have you set-up the correct Port Address, Motor Outputs, etc. within Mach3  ?
We really need more information to be able to identify your machine controller - a picture, link to the item, manufacturer and model, etc.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Hi Tweakie
Please find photo attached
And another
On the port address Tweakie I have the first one on 0378 then the second on 9400 as that is the port address for the pic- parallel card I installed .

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Not sure why you need a second parallel port, but that’s another story.

When everything is connected and powered-up does the red button (the stop switch, on the black box) work ?

(When the red button is twisted (released) Mach3 Reset can be clicked and has green surround. When the red button, on the black box is pressed Mach3 goes into Estop and Mach3 Reset has flashing red/green surround).

Tweakie.
PEACE
Hi Tweakie,
I have movement. I ad it set up on the wrong port.

Many thanks for your help
Kev

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
I am pleased you have got it sorted.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Thanks Tweekie,
Im just trying to sort the home issue on the piece of wood I have on the bed. I have posted this topic also