Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:16:38 PM

Author Topic: xml file for 3020T-DJ engraving machine  (Read 7406 times)

xml file for 3020T-DJ engraving machine
« on: June 17, 2016, 04:05:47 AM »
I have racked my brain to get my XP to communicate with Chinese 3020T-DJ 3 axis CNC machine(T-D Axis controller) nothing works mach3 goes through gcode  but no stepper motors move not even in manual mode
 i am  after a XML file that actually works on this machine I would upload my xml file if i knew how
Re: xml file for 3020T-DJ engraving machine
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 01:13:59 PM »
Did you ever receive any advice about this? I have the identical problem and, as a complete novice, have no idea how to cure it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 03:20:44 PM »
NigelW,
Have you purchased Mach and have it installed?

RICH
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 04:07:22 PM »
Yes. And on screen it all seems to work - it just doesn't translate into any movement of the stepper motors. Though having said that, I have now managed to get two of the three motors to work (no X axis) by running my .tap file with Mach3 plasma rather than Mach3 mill. I don't know the difference. All I am currently trying to do is a simple engraving in wood of a person's name.

Nigel

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 04:36:36 PM »
Post your xml files for the mill and the plasma.

RICH
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 09:03:01 PM »
thanks  did get the router running i have since converted a seig c3 hobby lathe to CNC now i have twice the problem i have tried it with mach3 no go anything.I   need advice to test the stepper motors+ driver without the computer
 i intend to test this ,then hook up mach 3 lathe any ideas????

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 09:38:42 AM »
I personally just don't address any specifics anymore related to most Chinese sold stuff and in
particular their stepper drives / controllers.
Sorry, but they / distributors need to  support their products and quit making "fools" of us good
intentioned folks!

That said,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Post your xml files so configuration can be checked for problems.

Open the Mach3 directory and you will see file types called "XML Document".
Make a copy of the one you are using for the machine.
Rename the file so it is unique ie; if Mach3MILL then change to say....ccr4mill.xml

To post the file:
Below the reply box click "Preview" button, when the screen opens up click the "Additional Options"
and you will see that you can browse to select an attachment and tehn click the Post button to post it.

2.In the mean time Run the "DriverTest" application as that will install the driver to Windows.
You will find the application in the MAch3 directory.

3.Make sure you have the port address correct in configuration.

4.Have a look at the available videos and manuals.
One in particular is Mach3 Tutorial - Setting up a basic three axis milling machine.

Link to new Artsoft site: http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3/
Navigate via"  Downloads and Updates " to the "FTP Downloads" and you will find the file there.

5.You will need to set the ports and pins correctly to get motion.
  The Chinese have this so screwed up with their different boards, and possibly bad definiton
  of the axis pin outs.......and for this you are on your owne!

6.Assume that the motors and drivers work. There are ways to test components but get MAch installed
  and configured. You should have some type of documention for what you bought. Post "all" of it so
  folks don't have to spend time looking for the proper info. If nothing ask the vendor who sold it
  to you for it.

Until then,

RICH
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:07:27 AM by RICH »