Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:19:07 AM

Author Topic: Re ESS and Mach 4  (Read 5021 times)

Re ESS and Mach 4
« on: June 16, 2016, 12:11:21 PM »
I am having trouble getting my charge pump to work on my break out board ,it will not activate i have it in the plugin as pin 9 port 1 and have identified it as charge pump .

And in Mach i have output #9 ,,ESS, Charge pump am i missing something here?

Running MACH 4(V2 )  and original SS plugin for Mach 4 I think the outher one is still Beta .

I am about to abandon this mess and go back to Mach 3 And SS !

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
Re: Re ESS and Mach 4
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 01:04:30 PM »
The ESS doesnt actually need the chargepump as its not using an old printer port, if your bob will allow it then i would dissable the chargepump. The chargepump was origionaly just to stop eradic behaviour from the printer port during bootup, this is not a problem with ethernet.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 01:37:25 PM »
I think my problem is i installed the wrong version of Mach 4 for the plugin , am i correct that the new plug in for mach 4 version 2 is not yet finished and that it will not work?

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »
My best advise is to post on the warp9 forum http://warp9td.com/index.php/kunena/index i`m sure there will be many others who have the same bob as you and can advise on their setup. Although the newest plugin is in beta it still has all the functionality of the old plugin except probing.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 12:18:17 AM »
hi i am still using a charge pump on my setups but am planing in the future to not use one. that being said i set the charge pump to on in the smooth stepper config i believe if you cant find it i will post more but it is not in front of me right now. do you have a way to check if the output is on for the charge pump if you are using the beta plug in you can check in diag but you cant be in estop it will hang your computer anyway i am using the most recent version of the plug in might be beta but it has allot more function then the one before it
mark
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 08:40:15 PM »
I finally got it working ,i disabled the charge pump ,and enabled another out put to get it going.

I have just one problem left is the index, i enabled it in the pins in ESS and on the inputs page ,and it also shows up in mach config.

And i can see the led light go on and off as the magnet passes by, and i know the wiring is right as this was a working system before the change over.

but i get no signal in the diagnostics page .

Ill keep playing around with it,i must have something set wrong somewhere who the heck know's.

Offline Banr

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 11:57:36 PM »
sounds like your have an input set to active low, or high incorrectly in either the ESS set up or Mach input config...maybe

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 12:52:01 AM »
hmm do you have a good grip in what input it is on physically, then smooth stepper config if it is on there, see if you can get the ess diag to come up the last time i played with it you had to not be in estop and it might hang the computer but i did get it to come up a few times if you can manage this you can trigger the input and see it operate in real time. this would be the best scenario if not in mach and i may be all wet set a hot key to emulate the input also that way you can see it work without the actual input and you will know if your settings are in the ballpark. i dont think you need to go after the electronics as it worked before assuming you have not rewired or changed anything good luck
mark