Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:37:37 PM

Author Topic: Sample gcode need larger scale  (Read 9604 times)

Re: Sample gcode need larger scale
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 05:53:03 PM »
Awesome! Glad you got that sorted out.  Glad to help.

Highspeed
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 01:18:43 AM »
Umm I'm a complete Newb but after much fiddling with the sample G-CODES, I noticed they actually were in a compressed format. I unzipped them and then they were no longer Tap files but NC files. I ran the NC files and my problem of micro results was fixed. I don't pretend to know why, but it works. Aparently TAP files are compressed files. Unziping them outputs a "nc" file. Simple as that. Now the results are normal scale.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 01:52:29 AM »
Umm I'm a complete Newb but after much fiddling with the sample G-CODES, I noticed they actually were in a compressed format. I unzipped them and then they were no longer Tap files but NC files. I ran the NC files and my problem of micro results was fixed. I don't pretend to know why, but it works. Aparently TAP files are compressed files. Unziping them outputs a "nc" file. Simple as that. Now the results are normal scale.

Where can I find the compressed Tap files please ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 02:02:09 AM »
The sample codes are in compressed format and have the ending"tap". If you use a decompression program like "7zip", you can extract the files into non-compressd format and simply select the uncompressed file when u tell Mach to load a file. The guy who answers first in this thread posed a zip file with the sample codes in it.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 02:19:31 AM »
The guy who answers first in this thread posed a zip file with the sample codes in it.

Where exactly is the zip file ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 04:33:56 AM »
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,18345.0.html

Thats the thread that has the sample code.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 05:33:15 AM »
Many thanks for posting the link.

Those sample files are in a compressed format (.rar) and as you have said will require software such as 7-Zip to extract the archive.

Although some of those files have .TAP, .tap and some have .nc file extensions they are all Text files just the same. When loading Gcode files into Mach3 you have the option to select the particular file extension (.tap, .nc, .ncc, .txt) or, if you prefer just select All Files(*.*).

The individual .tap files within the archive are not, in themselves, compressed so once the .rar archive has been opened / extracted no further decompression of the files is necessary.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 02:22:26 PM »
Thats wierd. I just tried again in the original folder. I must have actually delved into a zip file folder. Whatever the cause, the resulting file seems to oppersate correctly were the tap file would output a much smaller result. Mach can then I assume read compressed files? Perhaps imperfectly. Go figure. Moving axis manually and calibration of steps went flawlessly so I'm pretty sure it was the code itself that was the cause. Perhaps I was missing something.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 02:01:44 AM »
The issue my be that some Gcode has been prepared in Imperial units and some Gcode in Metric units and they do not contain the G20 / G21 as appropriate (this is the case with the sample Roadrunner file which was prepared in Inches but does not contain a G20 so the work comes out incredibly small on systems which have been configured in millimeters).

Tweakie.
PEACE