Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:19:02 PM

Author Topic: Jerky movement between strait movements and curves.  (Read 6890 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Jerky movement between strait movements and curves.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 07:52:15 PM »
Thanks, Hood! You are, by far, my favorite Scotsman!
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 12:13:24 AM »
 I have reinstalled mach3 and rebuilt the xml file. I also reinstalled the firmware from Cs labs. I tuned the servos MANY times. I lowered the acceleration rate down to 5/sec/sec which is very low. Still, nothing seems to help.

When the program runs from a linear movement into a circular movement there is a VERY distinctive jerk. The jerk is harder the faster the machine is moving. If I'm moving at 85ipm and my max following error is set high, the machine jerks but keeps moving through the program. If I have my following error set low then the machine just triggers a PID error. If I am running at a higher speed like 150ipm then the jerk is even more distinctive and the machine triggers a PID error. Basically, my machine only works at low feed rates and rapids. I need this machine to move fast for production. Any suggestions?

part of me suspects there is a bug in the controller itself, but I can't be sure.

I'd love to test a bit of code out on another machine running under an IPA if I could.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 04:43:05 AM »
Attach the code and when I get back to the workshop I will give it a run and see.
Hood