Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:49:02 PM

Author Topic: Egg shaped holes  (Read 5922 times)

Re: Egg shaped holes
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 03:48:39 PM »
No, the units are fine.
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 06:08:14 PM »
Personally, I don't see how the accl parameter will change anything.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 06:37:09 PM »
start and stop speed if that is bang on you don't lose steps if it out on one axis you can lose steps on a axis.

say x and y get to a spot in space and Z has not got there yet (potion 1) x and y can go to the next spot in time and Z catches up (potion 2) Z should not have it would of mist steps in potion 1 to get to potion 2, if all axis's get to a spot at the same time there will not be lost steps.

by have the acc at a rate that it get's a axis to stop and start in a smooth fast way. if you move Z to 100 and it is at 100 fine then go back to 0 then it's at 0 it looks all good, if you do the same move 1000 times it may not be back at zero because it may have been out by 0.0001 and what you measure with only shows 0.000, after 1000 moves it may sow 0.01 + or - then 10000 moves it will be at 1.
what you wont is at 1000 moves to be looking the same as 1 move. it's how I do it and it works on one machine.
if it is + or - 0.001 at one move you wont + or - 0.001 at 1000 moves
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 07:07:20 PM »
Accl parameter is definitely not the issue either. Since my pocket milling isn't working, I use a boring head to finish the hole. The finished hole is precisely where it's supposed to be. If steps were missed, then the hole location would be wrong.

I believe backlash is also working correctly too. If it wasn't working correctly then, again, hole location would be incorrect.

There's some other issue. And, no, it's not a worn out or mechanically loose machine!

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 07:20:53 PM »
nosie can do it it as well, it took me 4 years to track down every problem with my big machine, nosie was the worst problem, and it was the dust extractor pipe being to close to the power plug. and the power wires to close to the signal wires. it would make the machine do all sorts of strange things.

so just run a test on each axis say a lot of moves on one axis at a time if they are on point move on to the next axis that will take the motors and motor wires out of the posabile problem list, doing one thing at a time makes it faster
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 08:01:58 PM »
I appreciate everyone's help, but please read my posts. It works fine with Mach 3. Mach 4 i get weird results.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 08:17:36 PM »
yer but something is a problem in M4 you need to test everything other wise you may never find the problem, what ever is wrong may only show up in M4, sort of testing everything how are you going to find it.

mach 4 is faster than Mach3 i had to up the look ahead and the acc for it to work as good as Mach3 did I tested everything to find these two things, it did not take long to find as I went through everything
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 10:08:06 PM »
Had a simular problems once... recalibrated, calculated & compensated for backlash... still out of round. Problem turned out to be a blown fuse going to the gecko drive on my A motor (X axis slave). X was driving, A wasn't. Replaced the fuse and all was well.
Hit the e-stop! Hit the e-stop!