Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:39:50 AM

Author Topic: Shuttle Pro question  (Read 8069 times)

Shuttle Pro question
« on: June 03, 2016, 08:44:42 PM »
Gents,

Anyone know how to "soften" the transition between the feed rates using the Shuttle Pro? Mine transitions with a hard thump which doesn't sound good for the ball screw. I'm almost positive the machine enclosure itself acts like a drum head and amplifies the sound I'm hearing. But it's a terrible sound that makes me flinch every time I hear it!

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: Shuttle Pro question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 11:01:36 PM »
change the jog increments on the home screen.

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 02:11:53 PM »
How do you get the center jog wheel to act as a mpg in Mach4 like it does in Mach3? Right now it does nothing.
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 02:27:53 PM »
I suspect it is doing something you just can't see it. Watch the position windows for the axis you are moving. You may be moving it very slightly. The speed of the two wheels on the shuttle pro is controlled by the jog speed. If you select a faster increment you will likely see the movement. I have mine set at .01". This works for me. On another post someone told us how the Shuttle Pro uses this to calculate how far/fast to move.

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 08:21:06 AM »
It doesnt matter what inc it is set to, there is still no movement when using the center wheel of shuttle. Also, iam using a Shuttle Express if it matters. I never had this issue with the Mach3 plugin version.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 12:24:41 PM »
May be a dumb question, but have you setup the mpg in the mach config?

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 01:48:46 PM »
I can confirm TDAY's report. The inner wheel on my ShuttlePro is no longer working after I upgraded to Mach4Hobby 4.2.0.2914 either. I was using the previous version 27xx? and everything was working fine.

Daz, define what you mean by "setup the mpg in the mach config". I have the *********tlePro plugin enabled. But, I do see MPG0 through 9 (or so) in the Mach config. Is that what you're referring to?

The ShuttlePro has its own setup where you click a button on it and set what that button does. Moving both the inner and outer wheel doesn't bring up anything here though, so I can't use that to program the ShuttlePro.

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 02:03:42 PM »
Iam now using Mach4 development version: 4.2.0.3155. And still get no movement from inner jog wheel.
Troy
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 02:59:37 PM »
TDAY, I fixed mine by enabling MPG0 in the Mach configuration. Be sure to configure the X, Y, Z selector buttons via the ShuttlePro configuration to enable the both the MPG0/Jog axis.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 03:09:06 PM »
Daz, define what you mean by "setup the mpg in the mach config". I have the *********tlePro plugin enabled. But, I do see MPG0 through 9 (or so) in the Mach config. Is that what you're referring to?

Yes that is what I mean ;-) - have tried it with 3155 and all is good......

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas