Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:05:32 AM

Author Topic: Marcopump program can't be terminated  (Read 1674 times)

Marcopump program can't be terminated
« on: May 27, 2016, 11:58:57 AM »
Hi everyone,

Marcopump runs in Mach3 for z height, edge finding probe-works. Sometimes, due to wrong operations, I hits the stop button to terminate the operation, but it is not easily  in succeed to do so,  Then, I retreat from Mach3.

I enter to Mach3 again from Windows platform, however, without hitting any buttons that involve the inside works of the macropump program, the rest of previous macropump program is still in the memory and continues to operates. Of course, the machine now operates automatically and it is dangerous, crashing will occur. By hitting Esc button many times may or may not succeed to terminate it.

How can I solve it!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Marcopump program can't be terminated
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 05:31:14 PM »
You really need to have some  failsafes in the macropump.

But   a button with

DoOemButton(322)

in it it may work, that is the oem code to bail out of macros if you hit snags when testing them and end up in a loop, not sure if it would work in your situation though.
Suppose one way to find out ;).

Hood
Re: Marcopump program can't be terminated
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 11:39:30 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the advise....
By the way, this button(322) is not immediately works,  i need to press it a couple of times, during this periodof time, the machine runs for a certain travels, it may be due to 1/10 second cycle time working of the marcopump? But it is better than nothing...

I just can't imagine how to implement safeguard/failsafe in macropump when i already hit some oem buttons to start the inside running of the program, how can ii be halted?

In C program of microcontroller board, there is a hardware key or pin in the controller to reset all stuffs.  If there is an abnormal running of the program, when there was an implementation of watchdog feature in program, it will retreat out from the program automatically when there is time-out.