Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:45:26 AM

Author Topic: hi guys  (Read 3828 times)

Offline nige

•  23 23
  • feel the force
    • View Profile
hi guys
« on: May 22, 2007, 05:33:18 AM »
hello
please forgive my ignorance I have neglected to explore this forum for a while and am still getting to know mach3 although we are mightily impressed at last we can conrtoll the mill without getting frustrated even thogh weve not used many of the features or settings in mach3 we are beggining to see all the answers to our questions ...using mps pro2003 was like riding a trike with the stableisers still on remember when you were three?? ....ha ha now its like I have a trike with a v8..... mmmmm maybee!!!!..(not that mps isnt good for breaking the milk teeth becuase it is...I just wish the reseller had realised mach 3 was out there it would have done him a lot of good to think ahead.
anyway Ii have a question ... is there a list of keyboard short cuts? or more to the point can I rotate A from a key ? and can I plunge also from a shortcut?? if I put a joystick on will that give me greater controll i have plenty of little jobs that require manual operation i know the arrow keys operate XY but Ii need ZA too im sure it can be ??
thanks you very much
regards "H"@Niges
Re: hi guys
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:28:59 AM »
H,

Mach3 has a plugin for the shuttlepro 2. If you go on ebay you can typically get a decent price. Here is the orginal link discussing the use.   http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=1220.0

I use mine all the time and it works great.

Dan

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:26:01 AM »
Hey H,
   I use a game pad with keygrabber and it worked really good. Here is a link to the thread.

http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=1391.0

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 02:08:02 PM »
You can go to config menu then the Hotkeys and set up any key you want for your A Axis, I think the default is Insert and Delete keys.
Hood

Offline nige

•  23 23
  • feel the force
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 05:35:21 AM »
thanks guys
ill check it all out and have a look for shuttle pro or maybee a joystick?? anyway another question is can i install a sensor for tool positioning so that i can home and locate zero after (manual ) tool change ive seen this gear on the roland machines but am not sure what it is called
thanks for the links
regards "H" at niges

Hood

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 01:17:27 PM »