Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:20:30 AM

Author Topic: MAXNC 10 OL (not another MAXNC Questoin)!  (Read 3751 times)

MAXNC 10 OL (not another MAXNC Questoin)!
« on: May 21, 2007, 04:51:08 AM »
Hello, i was reading thru all the posts on the maxnc 10.  But none seem to help me.  Here is my deal:
I purchased a MAXNC about 4 or 5 years ago.  used to use it all the time with dos, worked great but was difficuit to use and program with.    i havent used the machine for some time (2+ years).  I have some projects to do now so i am starting to use it again.  I tested the mill to be sure all the drives work.  Using the old dos program, i can see all the drives moving correctly. 

I wanted a more modern control and programming tool, so i downloaded the MACH3 program and LazyCam.  they seem to be great programs!

After loading the software and connecting to the MAXNC, i selected the MaxNC option in the configuraiton menu (for open loop systems).  I enered the port address (mine is from a laptop 3bc) and then applied the settings.  I restarted the program and loaded a very simple nc file.  I perform a reset and start, the program runs and shows the axis moving, but the drives do not move!  I have tried using the jog and that does not move the drives either...

Any suggestions?

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: MAXNC 10 OL (not another MAXNC Questoin)!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 09:19:24 AM »
First, did you do a driver test?  Second, laptops can really stink when it comes to running Mach as all the power control goodies constanly futz with teh processor speed, etc.  Do a search for "How to run Mach from a laptop".  It includeds a link to a 'RightMark" CPU utility which will keep the processor from slowing down.  Also, look at the "Optimization for XP" document on the download page.  I found that "qt.exe" was really eating-my-lunch and causing hiccups in Mach.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 12:54:15 AM »
Nice Jeff :) You got about everything !
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 02:14:26 AM »
Thanks for the help!  I will search on the topics you suggest and see where that takes me.  I have been using a laptop becuase i have a few older ones laying around and dont mind keeping them in the garage as a deticated controler....