Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:04:00 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 + Hicom7766 + Proma THC 150  (Read 26228 times)

Re: Mach4 + Hicom7766 + Proma THC 150
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 05:05:20 PM »
Hello Joao,

We added a new section in the ArcPro user guide for using the "Test Mode" feature of the Proma THC150 to verify Up/DOWN motion on Z.

http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/cnc/motion/ArcProPlasmaGuide.pdf

We performed this test multiple times to make sure we did not miss any step, and it looks very good. During the test, the UP/DOWN signals are triggered at a regular interval by the Proma device and the Z motion follows accordingly. I think this will help you remove the hurdles and should get you going quickly.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 05:19:42 PM by Vital System Support »
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 11:17:46 AM »
Hello Marc,

So, with this test there is no movement needed in axis X nor Y as stated before. I did it as described in the manual and is worked fine, Z axis was responding correctly to the THC commands.

After being sure that there was no HW issues I continued testing this time with real cuts and  when THC was sending the impulse to go UP the Z axis moved to the maximum of the THC max ( the same with the THC min)

Reduce the THC speed to a drastic value of 5, SURPRISE, WOW, everything started to work as it should. So simple, so easy.

Probably you could revise the rang of the THC speed (0-300) or not, at least a note in your manual.

After this your manual looks much better that before  :D

THANKS for your support.

FINALLY I HAVE A WORKING SYSTEM

Br, Joao
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 02:11:31 PM »
Glad to hear your system is working well now.  Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.  If you can post a video of the machine operation and plasma cutting, that will be awesome and highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Rufi

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 10:36:14 AM »
To run the run the THC150 test how do you make sure the Arc ok and digitize signals are not active? and how do you activate the Digitize signal manually? I think I might have a wiring issue but I am not Sure. When I run the test the Arc up and down signals go on but the Z doesn't move on the machine. When my machine is on is the THC suppose to have "---" until I hit Cycle start?

I am having a a problem with my delay's and Z axis not being consistent during the cut, I think it is a THC issue since when I cycle run without the THC mode on it cuts fine.

Thanks,

Cattle
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 06:24:04 PM »
Hello Cattle,

You can verify that the signals aren't active by the LED states on the ArcPro screen.

Manually triggering the digitize signal depends on your setup. You can hook up a switch temporarily to emulate the signal. You may also allow the probe head to make contact with some surface, but we say manual just in case a wiring/connection issue prevents the digitize signal from being read, and causes the torch to dig into the table.

Normally, your limit sensors are supposed to prevent this, but there are some people who try doing this without the limits set up.

Your Z may not be moving because your Anti-dive is set too high. There is a step-by-step process listed on page 18 of the ArcPro user manual.

Hope this helps.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:10:36 PM by Vital System Support »
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 06:17:44 PM »
HI do any one have screen shots of how to set up the inputs and outputs on mach4 and Integra board I don't understand the manual how to set up the board to be able to use the motors I have a plasma table but I don't think that is a difference I can't make any of my motors move I'm using micro steppers drivers after the Integra they light up but no luck moving the motor thanks,
screen shot will be great thanks
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 02:30:18 PM »
you should start with the sample mach4 profile as it has all the basic settings to generate motion on the steppers.

here is the web link:

http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/motion/hicon/hicon_integra/Mach4_Integra_Mill.m4prof

regards
VSI Support
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 06:10:39 PM »
can't open the link
something star to download and cant open thaks
can you send me the link again thanks
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 06:14:13 PM »
http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/motion/hicon/hicon_integra/Mach4_Integra_Mill.m4prof

or what software I need to open m4prof

I'm using a MacBook to surf the web
the pc where is mch4 don't have internet access

thanks
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 06:36:40 PM »
I try on a pc and cant open any file .prof