Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:38:27 PM

Author Topic: Hanging up on a M03 after installing version 2.2914 ??  (Read 6471 times)

Hanging up on a M03 after installing version 2.2914 ??
« on: May 06, 2016, 01:29:20 AM »
A little help would be greatly appreciated. I updated to ver 2.2914 on my knee mill and now I have to do a - run from here- on the line after the M03 S **** line, then start the spindle using the m3/m5 button. The program gets to the M03, turn the spindle on to the correct rpm but then just sits there. The next line is a m07 but it doesnt go beyond the m03. Also, my toolpath has disappeared.

I am using a hicon 7766 BOB but did not change anything in the config settings. I ran the install as administrator if it makes a difference. I feel like it is something simple but It is alluding me. Any thoughs????
Re: Hanging up on a M03 after installing version 2.2914 ??
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 10:07:02 AM »
Hi,

I had the same problem and in my case it was caused by having the "Wait for spindle to stabalize to xx %" box ticked in the Mach, Spindle configuration.

Nick.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 08:07:57 PM »
Thanks Nick,  I did see your post on the same issue but that box is not checked.  Anyone else had this problem?

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 08:16:39 PM »
some computer require a install as admin and run as admin, it can make funny stuff happen only on some computers
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 11:35:20 PM »
In the Configure->Mach dialog on the "Spindle" tab, do you have non-zero values in the "Accel Time" and "Decel Time" column?  This should only matter if there was an absurdly large number there.

Have you looked in the Mach4 log?  Go to the "Diagnostics" menu and select "Log".  When the log window appears, click on the little right arrow icon in the upper left (like a "play" button) to start logging messages.  Now try running a short GCode file with an M03 command and see what messages appear.

Bob
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 01:34:46 AM »
I did install the new version as administrator  and I do have 3 seconds set in the spindle decel time. I'll try and change it to zero. I will check the diagnostic log and report. Thanks for your help

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 12:24:16 PM »
I have a similar problem that has been plaguing me. Most of the time the code runs fine; however, occasionally it will freeze on a spindle command. It grays out the cycle start button. I can disable M4 and reenable it but the code will just jump to the next spindle command without moving or anything. I can move the machine with the GoTo Zero button but it will not run Gcode. Most of the time I have to shut down M4 and restart it. Occasionally when I am doing this it tells me another version of M4 GUI is running. I have to use ctrl+alt+del to kill the process before it will let me do anything else.

I am running as administrator
I checked for accel and decel in the spindle box.
The wait for spindle to stabilize box was not checked but the value was 90 - I changed this to 1 (it would not let me insert 0).

Thoughts?

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 12:25:19 PM »
Also, the problem seems to occur more often after I hit a limit switch while jogging the machine.
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 04:59:01 PM »
Did this problem surface  after updating to version 2.2914?  Also, is your tool path displaying correctly or is it blank?

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 09:35:26 AM »
I had it before the upgrade. Also, I have been meaning to check the toolpath display. Sometimes I forget and load the Gcode before I zero the axis so the tool path may be off of the display area. I have not tried to see if there was any correlation.

If I run the machine into the limit / home switch a couple of times I can usually get it to replicate the problem; however, occasionally it does it when running a file. It may get half way through and just stop at a toolchange. I can usually get the line number, disable M4, enable M4 press the Goto zero button, and restart M4 (sometimes have to use the task manager to kill M4 after I exit the program). I can then restart M4, reload the Gcode, amd start it at the line where it stopped.

The code does not really lock up. If I disable M4 and reenable it the Gcode will often progress to the next tool change and then stop.

I will play with the machine and see if the toolpaths are showing when the problem occurs.