Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:06:02 AM

Author Topic: no toolpath  (Read 4093 times)

no toolpath
« on: May 20, 2007, 05:43:06 PM »
Hi all

Is there someone who can tell me what is wrong with this dfx.
I cant seem to get a toolpath in the complete shape.
It is for turning.

Greetings:
Willem
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 05:45:53 PM by W.Jansen »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: no toolpath
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 07:26:59 PM »
I think the biggest problem is that your Lathe Tool cutter doesn't have enough length, Also cutter/ tool angle .

Draw the part to scale, setup the Lathe tools to scale, whether Inch or MM, L-Cam uses units as dose Mach.

If you have a cut that's 1 inch deep then the tool needs to have a setting that's at least 1 inch also.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 01:15:24 AM »
Hi chip

Thanks, at least i know the dfx is not the problem.
I have no idea where to find those settings but i will search and find theme.

Thanks again
Willem
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 03:41:40 AM »
Hi Chip

Found what you meant , i increased the max penetration and that gives a better result.
Thanks for helping.
If Brian is watching , on the most right side the path is not correct , it cuts a bit of the shape (bleu line).
My fault ???

Thanks for the great help guys
Greetings:
Willem
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 06:05:35 AM »
Hi All

Another little thing , am i right if i say that the drawing i make always is for a rear toolpost ???
As you can se on the screenshots the material cuts out above the shape and i want it to be under the shape.

Greetings:
Willem

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 10:04:38 AM »
Hi, Willem

There are some errors in the post from LazyCam at the present time, You can edit the Gcode for now.

There should be corrections soon for this, Brian is working on Mill & Plasma post's now Lathe after that.

If you want a front view in Mach goto Config, ToolPath, Un-check the ShowTool as Above Centerline in Turn, Check Box.

Hope this Helps, Chip 
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 10:23:54 AM »
Hi chip

Thanks, the front or rear view in Mach is no problem and in lazycam i can deal with it (mirror the project in my drawprogram) but it would be nice (and lazy for me) if in Lazycam the stock would be on the upper side.
But as you already point out , there is a lot yummy yummy to come so maybe thats on the menu also.

Greetings:
Willem