Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:20:45 PM

Author Topic: CSMIO IP/A sometimes difting  (Read 3410 times)

CSMIO IP/A sometimes difting
« on: April 28, 2016, 12:21:39 AM »
Hey All,
Only get to use my mill on occasion and recently started having issues with Z drifting up slightly on a G00 Xnn move. Have Mach3, CSMIO IP/A with Mitsu drives in analog mode. Recently updated the IP/A s/w. Heres the sequence:
   - home all axis to sit -5mm off home switches
   - give M6 T1, Z moves to home position (-5mm off home switch)
   - moves X,Y to T1 position
   - pickup T01 from table top ATC, Z moves up to home (-5mm off home switch) from M6 start macro
   - give G00 X50
   - X starts to move and Z drifts slowly up 5mm and triggers E-Stop going positive

This is repeatable unless I move to another X,Y position after the tool pickup complete and before Z move
Does this sound like a CSMIO issue with the Z drifting?

It seems the updated CSMIO IP/A firmware/driver does not have as many tweaking parameters as previous version.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

vw

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: CSMIO IP/A sometimes difting
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 03:29:15 AM »
Does the Z DRO show this move?
Sounds more like a macro issue to me.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 01:42:32 PM »
Slight correction on the CSMIO firmware/driver tweaking missing - its been a while since I worked on the mill and was looking in wrong place   :P

I have G54 set and tool lengths in tool table. Only use T1-3 and they all work ok and sit at top of Z (-5mm off home) when complete.
When doing 'G00 X50' Z-DRO does move. Maybe tool length compensation has something to do with it.
If I move X away from the final tool change position seems to behave and Z behaves.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:30:54 PM »
Still sounds like macro related.
Can you attach your xml and the m6start and m6end macros, best to zip them so that the forum will accept.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 06:50:58 PM »
Macros/xml attached.
Its strange if I move slightly after tool change completes then G00 X50 works ok, but without slight movement same command also moves the Z axis up into the home/limit switch. Otherwise mill seems to behave. Thanks Hood for your continued help to everyone here.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 02:53:42 AM »
Ok not had a chance to really look yet but I see the M6End macro is the default, can you rename it to m6endold.m1s and see if that helps.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 12:21:07 PM »
Renamed M6End macro - no difference.
Cleaned up M6Start to remove unused macros and removed SetOEMLED(806, 1/0) commands since from what I read you cannot set OEM LEDs in VB script - new version attached. Same result as before.

Moving manually after tool change seems to fix random Z movement so it does seem to be script but not sure where  :-[

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 06:08:50 AM »
Not really seeing much that could be a problem but just wondering about the safe Z, can you go to Config menu then Safe Z and set it to -5 in machine coords and see if that makes a difference.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 06:32:03 PM »
Safe Z is already set. Adding X,Y,Z move at the end of the script seems to resolve the issue - not sure why but it works for now.
Working on setting up auto tool length measurement after the tool change next.

Thanks for your help Hood, you seem to be on 24hr standby and always ready to help  ;D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 06:39:25 PM »
What I was meaning was set safe Z to -5 as the macro seems to use that value. If I recall your xml had the safe Z as 0 and I was just wondering if there was some sort of interaction between the two different values.
Hood