Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:16:40 AM

Author Topic: combining arc cuts  (Read 4994 times)

combining arc cuts
« on: April 19, 2016, 01:17:22 PM »
I am cutting the arc slots for the intake tower assembly with the Newfangled Wizzard on the Indian head and would like to combine the three different angle programs into one. I have saved them individually, but have not been able to load all three to allow a move to 0,0 after completing a slot and then moving to the next. Angles are 70, 190 and 310. I'll post a photo in the "show" thread.
If you think you can't do it, you're right.
Re: combining arc cuts
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 04:16:17 PM »
I wizard does not support combining jobs. You can load a job file,but that will replace the previous job. You can, of course, make a job contain as many operations as you need, so 3 arcs in one program is easy.

If you want a job to end with a move to a specific location you can use the user Gcode operation to add whatever move you want.

I dont understand you arc problem and could not find a posting anywhere. You can post photos right here to this topic.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 09:53:59 PM »

I have been cutting the three arcs seperately. I would just like to be able to leave the machine and have it cut all three.
So is there a way to combine the wizard programs that have been saved? Other than manually entering the wizard code?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:56:11 PM by sandcrab »
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 12:24:01 PM »
Add three arcs to the same Job. I would start by opening a existing job file you have for one of the arcs. Right click on that existing arc slot and hit copy. Then click on the copy, edit the details to match one of the other arc slots. Repeat this process for the third arc slot. This should take you all of a minute to get sorted out.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 01:19:44 PM »
Thanks c_livengood,
I'll give it a try when I go to the shop.
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 09:23:14 AM »
Got it. Thanks C.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 09:24:59 AM »
Sweet!