Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:43:56 PM

Author Topic: Z axis Problem  (Read 1913 times)

Z axis Problem
« on: April 12, 2016, 07:54:13 AM »
Hi there, I am using screen set 2010 and running windows 7, so far until today everything was fine, but now when I do the Z axis quick zero the z as goes down touches the touch plate, then it goes up and comes down again touches the plate but it does not go up instead a pop up screen comes up and it says "Z clearance plane is above z axis home switch   press OK or cancel, I have checked all the setting but I have no idea what they are supposed to be or where to find them, does anyone put there have any ideas as to solving this problem ?

Regards
Nick

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Z axis Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 08:40:04 AM »
I'm just learning this screen set too but have seen this, It has something to do with the Z clearance plane setting and the position of the z when it touches the plate, is the material or part much thicker than usual?

I think its triggered when the z touch is higher than the setting in clearance plane box in settings tab.

It is trying to lift the Z to the clearance plane position but the distance left in z travel is less than the setting height - so you get "Z clearance plane is above z axis home switch"

My z axis home is at the top which in my setup is machine co-ord Zero, my clearance plane is 60mm and the message pops up if the height sensed does not leave at least 60mm above the part.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:43:31 AM by Davek0974 »
Re: Z axis Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 05:05:07 AM »
Thanks for the reply Daveko, I just played around with some  of the settings and it is working fine now.
Regards
Nick