Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:42:40 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 & Aspire tool paths not the same  (Read 2530 times)

Mach3 & Aspire tool paths not the same
« on: April 12, 2016, 02:08:36 AM »
Hello all,
I'm sincerely hoping someone can help me figure out why my toolpath that i created in aspire will not load and cut out the way it is intended. the aspire preview shows that everything is as it should be, but when i load the toolpath file into Mach3 only a portion of the text comes through. The cutout and the profile toolpaths come through fine, but the V-Carve toolpath does not. Has anyone else had this happen? and if so, how do i fix it? this is my second attempt to post this after trying to post screenshots. so this is the abbreviated version, if you need more info just ask, I'll gladly go into more detail. Thank you in advance.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 & Aspire tool paths not the same
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 02:31:31 AM »
Could it be that you are running Mach3 in Demo mode ?  (in which case it will only process the first 500 lines of Gcode).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 03:03:47 AM »
Thank you for responding so quickly. I do not believe I am running in demo mode. I have a full version of the software and went through the steps of setting up a profile using the mill as a starting point. I will verify tomorrow evening if this is the case. I have run ONE test piece that worked out fine, then my pc crashed and had to get a new one and start all over, with the install, the setup, etc. This is the first attempt to VCarve anything. I didn't know if it was something I did with choosing the pp or something else. I'm relatively certain it's operator error, just not sure what it is.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 07:18:22 PM »
Could be a bunch of things. Make sure you have the right PP selected with Aspire. I run Aspire gcode - Mach 3, ESS, Gecko 540 with no problems.  If your XML is corrupt this will cause boat load of strange problems. Seeing your PC went belly up if might be good to start with a fresh XML. Didn't say if you are using the parallel port or a external controller.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 07:39:28 PM »
This is almost certainly a demo issue, as Tweakie said.

When you set up the new PC, did you copy your license file into the Mach3 folder?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 07:44:39 PM »
Tweakie and get21 you nailed it! When setting things up I forgot to copy the license over. Did that and all LOOKS well and good! About to run it and see! Thank you very much!!