Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:02:09 PM

Author Topic: Windows can't start up with pokeys56u plugged in  (Read 3272 times)

Windows can't start up with pokeys56u plugged in
« on: April 10, 2016, 12:48:55 PM »
Good eveving to All,

I have a wierd thing with my pokeys 56u. When pokeys plugged in via usb port and i try to turn on PC windows can't start. If i unplug it, windows starts up with no problem. However ones is windows loaded and i plug in pokeys it works with no problem.
What can be the problem?

Offline GerdS

•  42 42
    • View Profile
Re: Windows can't start up with pokeys56u plugged in
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 03:38:18 PM »
Did you try to play with the Bios startup Parameters.
Maybe the Bios means it is a bootable Device.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 03:56:54 PM »
Yes, thank you!!!,BUT  I have tried i disabled usb boot up only my ssd enabled but still i am getting this error. But only pokeys can cause this issue, cause whenever i plug out prior to pc start, no errorrs. Any other idea?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 12:10:46 AM »
Some BIOS use highly simplified USB stack that apparently isn't able to process (perfectly legit by USB standards) USB device descriptor and hangs.
We implemented the 'delayed start' option for such cases - set the amount of time the PoKeys device will wait before registering to the USB host. The setting is available in PoKeys application under Settings, start-up configuration.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 07:06:40 PM »
I have the same problem but cannot find this "delayed start" option in the menu of Pokeys config v3.1.4.
All I see is "Enable fast USB interface" and some startup options re: digital outputs.

I believe 3.1.4 is the latest available for 56U because that's what comes up if I try to update.

Can somebody help?
Thanks

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 01:40:29 AM »
Update the software and firmware to the latest version and you will have that option. Latest version for 56 series is 3.1.68.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope