Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:03:42 PM

Author Topic: Help needed for Y axis error  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Ussca

•  22 22
    • View Profile
Help needed for Y axis error
« on: April 10, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »
I have a new machine and have loaded a program I have run many times before. This has me baffled and perhaps just a software adjustment can fix the problem? When I click down thru the program one line at a time, it drills first the center hole, then the second hole on the same plane as the center hole. The third hole is CCW rotation etc. BUT! when I  hit run the first hole drills correct and the second, because on the same plane, the problem now comes for hole number 3, the machine does the bolt circle by does it CW or backwards from the program. This produces a correct piece because it is a circle. but Y is going minus where it should run plus. The machine jogs in the proper direction?? Anybody have any ideas or cures for this? AT this point it would be impossible to run any program correctly............... 

Offline Ussca

•  22 22
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed for Y axis error
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 03:30:04 PM »
I have made an error, the machine also jogs backwards. Is there a way in Mach 3 to reverse axis direction in the software? That would fix the issue..........

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 04:01:07 PM »
Config Menu then Ports and Pins, on the motor outputs page change the Active State of the Direction  for the offending axis.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 04:24:16 PM »
You need to change the setting circled, if a cross like in pic you click it and it will change to a green tick or vice versa.
Hood

Offline Ussca

•  22 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 06:34:07 PM »
TYVM Hood. This forum never disappoints!................