Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:38:47 PM

Author Topic: i think my mach 3 is set for a router not a plasma table? HELP NEEDED  (Read 1541 times)

so i have recently purchased this table and computer that came with it. Mach 3 was already downloaded into the computer along with a program called q-cad. i think that mach 3 is set to recognize a cnc router not a plasma due to the fact that the g-code comes through with a z axis movement of 100, which just makes my stepper motor bottom out and made bad noises. im thinking that there may be something simple to change somewhere that i am just missing but with that said, i am most certainly missing it haha. any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i am totally new to this cnc world. THANKS

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: i think my mach 3 is set for a router not a plasma table? HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 07:47:25 AM »
Mach3 just works on the Gcode that you give it.
The excess Z axis movement which you describe is presumably being put into the Gcode which you have created from your Q-Cad drawing ?
If that is so then this is the area in which you should be looking. See if you have a Mach3 friendly, Q-Cad (or whatever you are using to create the Gcode) post-processor, intended for Plasma.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 08:01:58 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE