Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:16:21 PM

Author Topic: Jobs Replacing Operations With Tool Changes On Loading  (Read 10436 times)

Jobs Replacing Operations With Tool Changes On Loading
« on: April 06, 2016, 11:45:12 AM »
I bought a license and use it at home often. I haven't recreated this issue there. However, I use my work PC in my downtime to draw up quick parts in Mill Wizard so that all I have to do is load the job into Mill Wizard at home and save the G-Code. The issue I am having is that the unlicensed Mill Wizard software will replace all of my milling/drilling operations with tool changes when I open a file I was working on previously.

Here is a screen shot of an arc slot. I saved the file, then when I attempted to load it for editing the arc slot is now called tool change. If I click on tool change, it brings up the tool change dialog, this is true for both of the tool change items in the list. Yet the arc slot remains on the preview. I tried reinstalling the software, but no luck.

http://imgur.com/cYYgeXt
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:51:38 AM by c_livengood »
Re: Jobs Replacing Operations With Tool Changes On Loading
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 03:40:24 PM »
There was a bug in the way job files were stored. I fixed that in the latest version that is on the download site. Unfortunately the old versions were written in a way that I cannot recover them, so you will have to recreate a job wit this new version then it should be able to be used on both machines as you want to do. Both machines will have to run the new version.

Sorry for that screwup.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 03:53:37 PM »
Mill Wiard 2.0.4x1? That's the version I am running, downloaded on 3/22/2016. It's the only version I've run I believe.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 04:01:47 PM »
Also, while I'm thinking about it. It would be really sweet if we could rename each of the oeprations in the list. It get's a little mind numbing if you have more than like four operations. For example, I have four rectangle operations on this setup. If I could rename them "intial pocket", "inside chamfer", "outside chamfer", "parting groove" I would be a heck of a lot less confused when adjusting the part.

http://imgur.com/ZQ6g3MJ
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 05:45:15 PM »
I have thought about that myself. I had a similar job with 8 arc slots. I may be able to work that in.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 05:51:43 PM »
Hi Ron,

I keep getting this issue. Most recently it happened about 30 minutes ago. I created a .job, saved the g-code, and ran the code. I needed to make a small adjustment to the operation, when I went to load it all I had was tool changes. I created this operation on the licensed software, saved it on there, and tried to reopen it there. It all happened within a span of maybe an hour. Frustrating to say the least. I've taken to sketching these operations on paper and writing down their details so that all isn't lost after I close the software.

I'm on 2.0.4x1, windows 7 x64.

Any ideas?
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 08:34:34 PM »
Will you please post a job file here that shows the problem. They are simple text files so just copy one and attach it here.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 11:31:38 AM »
Here you go,
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 05:17:06 PM »
Ok, thanks.  I found the problem. A very strange one, an edit in the code that makes no sense at all, but it changed Arc Slot descriptions to Tool Change. All the rest of the data got imported Ok.

I have a couple other things to look at before I release an update, but hopefully not long.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 12:22:09 PM »
Awesome, Ron. Thanks! Hopefully we have it nipped in the butt!