Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:21:00 PM

Author Topic: Control Panel running, Machine is not..HELP  (Read 2377 times)

Control Panel running, Machine is not..HELP
« on: April 04, 2016, 03:39:21 PM »
I am trying to setup a computer to run our CNC machine. I am more techy than machinist (BF is the machinist but knows nothing about computers). I had to add two new ports to the computer to connect the plasma. Everything is loaded on the computer. When I launch the Mach3 plasma and pull up a g-code design it does run on the control panel. But it will not make the machine move. I thought it was due to the new ports I added. I do seem the listed under the device manager (under other device and not under ports (COM & LPT) but I can not seem to get anything to run. I am not sure if its the way I installed the software or that I installed the ports incorrectly. Any help would be fantastic!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Control Panel running, Machine is not..HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 05:12:07 PM »
If you loaded software that came with the ports that may be the issue, it is best to let windows find them itself.

Also what operating system are you using? Mach will only run with a 32bit operating system when using the parallel port, if you want to use a 64bit OS then you need an external motion controller of which there are many.

There is an exe in the Mach3 folder which will look at system resources and write a text file report, if your ports are there it may show you the address you need to enter into Mach.
I think the exe is called GetPort or something similar.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 12:24:36 PM »
Thank you so much. After trying the get port function I determined the port drivers were not installed correctly and may have been damaged. I ordered new ports and installed. Machine is now functioning. Thank you so much for the response.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 02:16:49 PM »
Good you got it :)
Hood