Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:10:46 AM

Author Topic: Licensing MACH3 for a Tormach 1100 mill  (Read 1765 times)

Licensing MACH3 for a Tormach 1100 mill
« on: March 22, 2016, 01:03:00 AM »
Okay, two weeks ago I purchased a license for a Tormach 1100 mill version of your MACH3, "from the MACH3 website".  I received about 4 transaction receipts, but nothing with any PC ID code on it, and one with what I'm assuming, "Auth Code" 0*********XX, is the activation code.  I went to the "Help-About" and tried loading in my Auth Code # in the Demo Version Icon box.  None of what I typed in would appear.  I tried other icon windows with the same result.  Also I found no PC-ID Code in anything. 
This code is to be used in a computer not connected to anything but to the mill.  I do not know the PC-ID #, or how to find it.  It was not the computer I used to order the software, or pay for it, and that seems to be important. 
I could sure use some guidance on how to load the Auth Code, as well as find this PC-ID, other than paging through a bunch of forum replies, like my time is meaningless.  Keeping in mind, my payment was prompt and timely.  Your end seems to be a bit lacking on any prompt customer support methods. 
By the way, I did not prefer to post this on a forum, but again, your support section appears to be for reporting bugs, to be read as time allows. Consequently I had no choice, lacking any phone support.

cliff20 

Re: Licensing MACH3 for a Tormach 1100 mill
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 01:27:24 AM »
Hi Cliff,

When you order a licence, you should receive an email that includes a licence file called license.dat. It will be in an attachment to the email. You need to extract it from the zip file and place it in the Mach3 directory.
Then when you start up Mach3, it will load the licence file. If you look at the help->about dialog , it will have your name there.

Check if it has ended up in your spam folder. If it's not there, contact the Mach3 support and they should be able to help you out.
http://www.machsupport.com/contact-us/

Cheers,

Peter
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
Re: Licensing MACH3 for a Tormach 1100 mill
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 02:14:09 AM »
Peter:

I "Thank You" for the insight of what I should of received.  And apparently the licensing process is totally different.  I thank you for that as well.  At least now I have something to work with, and a place to go to.

Much appreciated; Cliff20