Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:35:24 PM

Author Topic: Getting New Installation Going  (Read 17458 times)

Re: Getting New Installation Going
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »
The XML's are in the Mach2/3 Dir
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 04:15:21 PM »
Something is wrong, I just wish I new what it was.  I deleted everythinjg I could find related to Mach2 but still cant reload it.  When I try to download it gives me some kind of path error, "access to file, path or device denied".  I geusse the only thing left to do is a fresh windows start.  Whaty trips me out is that
I bought this particular computer because someone else said they had Mach2 running great on it.  It must be something in the way Windows is set up.
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2006, 02:28:34 AM »
If I try to run the Mach2 download, now it says it is "not a valid Win32 file".  Any clue as to why I cant run the download file now?

Hood

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006, 04:50:21 AM »
Before you format and clean install the OS it might be worth doing a repair. The repair will take almost as long as a new install so if you dont have anything on the computer that you really need the format may be the best way to go.
 Then again if the driver test is very spiky then it may be better to get another comuter. One that I had was bad on the drive test and optimising did help but I figured that if I had to go through the optimisation to get it to work properly then I felt  it was not a stable enough platform for me to run my mill with (just my opinion)
Hood
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2006, 07:31:59 PM »
I just ordered a new refurbished desktop, HP Vectra 1GHZ, 128RAM, Windows 2K, 20GB HD.  For 100 bucks its worth it, if it works anyway.  It should be a clean install of Windows, with nothing else on it.
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 01:03:45 AM »
Allright, I am typing this from my new HP Vectra 1GHZ 128MB P3 after installing and sucesfully running Mach3.  The driver test looks great, everything went without a hitch.  I'm gonna unplug this from the web and into my controller (probably tomorrow) and hopefully start controlling my mill with it.  Will post results (Im sure it will be fine) within a couple of days.

ynneb

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 01:57:13 AM »
Halfnutz, thats the exact computer I use on my machine, but with 256k memory.
Its works file for me, so I suspect you will have joy.
128k is very low memory, even for just booting windows in, your virtual memory ( hard drive) will be working overtime.
It hurts paying heaps for PC ram even though DDR Ram is a fraction of the price. Anyhow see how you go.
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 04:00:53 AM »
Ynneb,  I dont mind buying some RAM, but I want to get it running first.  I hooked my router up yesterday, but cant get any output from the computer.  I dont know whats up, but my com port doesent seem to be doing anything.  I'll have to go through the configuration step by step and figure it out, but I would think it should work without making any changes, since my router is basic step/dir. control.  I know the wiring and controller are good 'cause I unplugged it from a working set-up of TurboCNC.  Maybe its the logic low?  But that should just change direction I think.......
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2006, 10:00:37 PM »
Allright!  Its up and running, I was going nuts, I forgot to set the port number for the step and direction outputs.  So now its time to tune.....
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2006, 11:14:01 PM »
Now that Ive tuned up and played around I am really impressed with Mach3.  I wish I would have done this long ago.  The wizards are awesome.  They do in minutes what I sometimes struggle with for hours with other cad/cam software.