Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:52:48 AM

Author Topic: Getting New Installation Going  (Read 17468 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Getting New Installation Going
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 06:06:10 AM »
Hi:

That "Bad" screen is fine. This is a very good result. Dont worry further about the state of the computer as far as the driver is concerned.

Looks like we're not going to see the "Cluynk" time on the drivertest. That small dip would not be heard. One of the funny things about all this stuff, is if the
CPU is getting shut down intermittantly, you may not see the time spike. If you command a long move on only the X axis, how often does it thunk..?

Art
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 07:14:26 PM »
I had Mach 2 running, although the driver test was very spikey, and then I tried to install Mach3.  Again I had to manually install the driver, and the program comes up and runs, but driver test does nothing.  When I try to run it it just literally does nothing at all.  I know that the Mach3 driver is running because it stops my screen saver.  What could cause the driver test to not respond?
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 05:42:16 PM »
You didn't uncheck the "install Driver" on install did you???
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 12:04:12 AM »
No, I dont think so.  I had to manually install the driver for mach2 also.  When I run Mach3 the status bar says "driver succesfully loaded" so I'm pretty sure it running, it seams like its just the driver test program that doesent run
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 06:30:19 AM »
I think you may have to run the apic driver... I have never had to use it so I will have Art take a look at this  ???
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 07:49:07 AM »
Hi:

No..Apic wont help here. This is a process lockup, Hard to say why, but something on that system doesnt like Mach at all.
I suspect it woudl take a reload of Windows to see whats going on. I think Id start by removeing it all and trying again. You say you had
to load the driver manually. Why, what error did you get, or was there no error, just no driver?

Art
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 09:26:19 PM »
No error, I just assumed it didnt load right because Mach2 had done a similar thing.  That is, the drivertest would not run, but after I manualy loaded the driver, Mach2 driver test ran OK.  Ive never gotten any errors or had any problems running Mach2 or Mach3. It appears to be running fine, except for the driver test.  Should I check for activity at LPT1?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 09:34:47 PM »
Sure. Why not, it may even work anyway...

Art
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 11:56:30 PM »
Hmmm...,I dont know,I plugged a machine up,no movement...log shows driver being initialized, cant get motor tuning screen to come up,I'lll check outputs with a DVM and post after I poke around some more.  At this point it doesent seem to be driving LPT1 but I need to verify that..............
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 09:19:03 AM »
Well it is aparent that Mach3 is not running.  So I decided to go back to where I was, and load Mach2 back up (I wish I had never deleted it).  Only problem is that now I cant run the installation file.  It says that it is "not a valid 32 bit application" or something.  In the manual it says that the .xml file or files must be deleted, how or where do I find these?