Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:01:40 AM

Author Topic: G-Code and Dwell Button  (Read 2527 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
G-Code and Dwell Button
« on: March 20, 2016, 05:05:57 PM »
When I try to test run my gcode in Mach3, the dwell button blinks, the status line shows MIN-Z-.0625 and the program stops. After a few seconds the status line says “radius to end of arc differs from radius start, Block=N100……” and the CV Mode button is green

My cam software runs the code to the end with no problems

I attach a part of the gcode

What is wrong in my gcode?
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: G-Code and Dwell Button
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 05:38:43 PM »
Looks like your IJ mode is set wrong, ideally you should set it via the G Code file as that would mean it is always correct no matter what the code uses. You can however set it on the General Config page of Mach.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 07:52:29 PM »
I did set the IJ mode to Absolute and Inc (same for the Distance mode) but the result is the same. I’m looking now in my CAD/CAM program to see if there is a setting for the IJ mode

Thanks Hood
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 02:59:43 AM »
Did you Regen after changing the IJ mode? Worls fine for me with Inc.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 08:54:43 AM »
Yes, I did it Hood with no help but I found my problem(I think)

In my laptop I have windows 8.1 and have installed Mach3. But I also have installed on the same laptop VMware with XP PRO and Mach3 and I do mostly my work on the VMware since I have other utilities which are no compatible with windows 8.1

Last night I thought to try the same .tap file on Mach3 in windows 8.1 and now it worked in the first try. I was surprised and so I compared the Spindle setup, Mill options and General Config settings between the two Mach3 (win 8.1 and VMware) and found quite a lot of differences in the General config.

On the VMware Mach3 General config, the 3 boxes in Angular properties were not ticked, and the Perform G92.1, Radius Comp Off, Persistent DRO’s were not ticked. Also the box Disable Group/Concavity checks was ticked. However after making both general config settings identical still my .tap file did not run in VMware but it did run nicely in windows 8.1

I concluded that Mach3 was not working properly under VMware

Nicolas