Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:16:22 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Program Hanging at M3  (Read 3053 times)

Mach4 Program Hanging at M3
« on: March 14, 2016, 07:52:54 AM »
Hi all,

Just got my new Syil X5 Plus up and running with Mach4 and ESS.
Problem is, when I try to run a test program generated by Mill Wizard, the program starts ok but only gets as far as a M3 comand and the machine just sits there with the spindle running! I then have to "press" the program Stop button and then re-press the program Run button for it to continue past the M3 command.
Any Ideas?

Nick.

Mach4 V 4.2.0.2914 (Licenced and Running as Administrator)
ESS Build132
Windows Home 64 Bit
Mill Wizard (Licenced)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:02:11 AM by nick952 »
Re: Mach4 Program Hanging at M3
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:20:07 AM »
Nick952,

Two things to check, the first question is why is the spindle already running when you code hits M3, it should start the spindle at that point?

The most likely cause of your issue is you have an M3.mcs macro in the macro folder that does nothing.

Please look under C:\MachHobby\Profiles\Mach4Mill\Macros

If you are using an ESS you can make a directory in the macros folder called KEEP and move any M code macros you find into KEEP.

Note:  On the path above it assumes you installed MACH4 on the C hard disk and you are using the MACH4Mill profile.  You might be using another profile so check.

My guess is as soon as you remove the macros your machine will work just fine.

Russ
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 06:25:54 AM »
Hi Russ,

Thank you for your suggestion, but I found the cause and it turned out a lot simpler (and was probably down to me!).

Problem was here:

Under Configure- Mach- Spindle, I found the Check Box for "Wait For Spindle To Stabalize To XX%" was checked. Unchecked the box and the program ran through without issue.

Obvious now, but my machine does not supply Mach with Spindle Speed Feedback.

Nick.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 07:34:07 AM »
Does your spindle have encoder feedback coming into the ESS or breakout card?  Check to see if you are getting the feedback signal, should be a series of pulses.

Russ
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 07:53:14 AM »
I don't honestly know. I'm just happy to get the machine running at the moment, but I'll dig a bit deeper into this at a later date.

Nick.