Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 02:57:40 AM

Author Topic: Tool Description  (Read 1764 times)

Tool Description
« on: March 13, 2016, 02:49:21 PM »
Many of you probably already know this, but I couldn't find any posts so this might help out a newbie (like me!)

I have a custom screen set and I wanted to show not just the tool number, but the description...I spent a lot of time typing these into Mach so they correlate with the tools in V-Carve...wouldn't I feel foolish if I were to put the WRONG tool in!

Anyhow, Thanks Art for making such a personalizable (not a word!) and extendable program...

First, create a user label on your screen using your favorite screen designer, you have to name it correctly (actually the text that it contains), "UserLabel" + some integer from 1 to 255...I named mine UserLabel50

Now, the last line of my M6Start macro is SetUserLabel(50, GetToolDesc(GetCurrentToo()))...now when Mach is waiting for me to change the tool, the correct size AND description is there for me to see!

Leslie

PS...one thing after another....now I am fighting with Win7 virtual store...I now know why people SHOULD NOT put Mach in the Windoze program directory! Anyhow, another story for another day.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Tool Description
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 03:25:18 PM »
The lathe screensets have that but a few years back I thought it would be a good idea to have a complete page with all the current tools listed in the tool table, have it for both lathe and mill.
Hood