Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:22:24 AM

Author Topic: PoKeys and a Lathe  (Read 5170 times)

PoKeys and a Lathe
« on: March 11, 2016, 11:45:29 AM »
Hi,
I want to use Mach3 with Pokeys 56U and a lathe with two handwheels. I want to use the lathe with the handwheels in conventionell mode and with gcode files or wizzards in a automatic mode. My servo drives need a 5,-Volt enable, step and direction signal and gives a 5,-Volt output error signal.
Does someone use so a configuration too?
Has someone a sample configuration file?

Many thanks for every answer

Hans
Re: PoKeys and a Lathe
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 05:19:00 PM »
Hi Holzwurm,

i think it will be better when you use the Pokey57CNC for this configuration.
On this config you have direct connectors for the drives.
For Mach3 i know it is possible to use more than one MPG.
Look for one MPG as example in the Mach3 MPG setup from Polabs. and use additional the DRO102 for the 2. MPG

https://www.poscope.com/index.php?route=product/product/download&download_id=123&product_id=87

Regards
Uwe
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 04:16:39 AM »
Hello Uwe,
many thanks for your answer. I have two pokeys 57U and this retrofit is for me a test, when one crashs I have a reserve.
When I am able to bring the machine in a working condition I will change to the 57CNC and retrofit my milling machine too with this controller.

Hans
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 05:28:15 AM »
Hello Hans,

i understand now!

Don´t be worry cause i have used the Pokey for milling machines too. In my cases i used Pokey57E and the CNCaddon and it works fin on an Hurco MB1 with an toolchanger like an carrousell with 12 tools too.
At the moment with Mach3 and i´m on the way to change this to Mach4.
On my configuration i have an Ponet KBD48CNC and one MPG in use. my Drives use also 5v on the Step and Dir input ant they have an Erroroutput too. But this feature i can use only direct under Mach4. So i put this error out signal over optocouplermoduls in to the safetycirciut to be shure the Machine will stop it there is an issue!

I found yesterday an link of an old configuration with an Pokey55 and Mach3 maybe it can help you too.

http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/guide_for_MPG9_On_PoKeys.htm

But remember it was an older configuration.

Best regards
Uwe