Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:32:10 AM

Author Topic: MOTOR FREEZED - UNKNOWN DEVICE  (Read 6656 times)

MOTOR FREEZED - UNKNOWN DEVICE
« on: May 16, 2007, 06:21:16 AM »
Hi to everybody, I'm new here. I give you this question:

I bought a MF70CNC kit, my administrator installed MACH3 I tried to use it (as a client) but when I open it I receive this error message:

"THIS PROFILE SEEMS TO BE EITHER CORRUPT, EMPTY OR MACH2 PROFILE, DO YOU WISH TO EXIT OR SELECT ANOTHER PROFILE?"

If I use it as admin the message doesn't appear, I enter in MACH3 I give for example G00 X10 the display indicate x=10 but the motor are freezed, no move! :-(

more details if this can help you: if I go in win XP system...hardware I note this problem (sorry if it is in italian, but I think you understand the problem)as in attachment1 and the details as in attachment2

I don't know if this is the problem, if the parallel port doesn't give any signal...Do I need any particular driver to install?or MACH3is enough?
I also attach the XML file (Who sold me the CNC kit gave me the XML file too so I think it works).

Last thing my pin setting (as indicated by the seller):

LPT pin 2 = X axis step/clock signal
LPT pin 3 = X axis direction signal
LPT pin 4 = Y axis step/clock signal
LPT pin 5 = Y axis direction signal
LPT pin 6 = Z axis step/clock signal
LPT pin 7 = Z axis direction signal
LPT pin 8 = A axis step/clock signal
LPT pin 8 = A axis direction signal
LPT pin 18-25 = Ground

I thank you for help!

Hood

Re: MOTOR FREEZED - UNKNOWN DEVICE
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 02:44:28 PM »
Do you have the correct port address set? your xml has it set for 0378 which is the usual but just check in the device manager in case yours is different. The Error you are seeing in device manager is most likely the Mach3 pulse engine and is nothing to worry about.
 You also have Port 2 enabled but I dont think you have anything connected to it. Do you have a second parallel port in your computer? If you do is that where you have your cable connected to?

Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 04:59:56 PM »
I tried to set the other port but nothing, it was just a try...now I reset only the 0378 that I think it is the correct one but nothing...I also tried with a voltmeter to check the out signal from the parallel port but when I give a command (for example G00 X10) the mach3 displax indicate a movement but the signal is always 0...what could I do?Is there a software to detect the parallel port address? have I to install particular driver for the parallel port?
Thanks for your help!

Hood

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 05:11:19 PM »
Go to control panel then system, click on the hardware tab then device manager, you will then see a listing for ports (com&lpt) expand then double click on the LPT. Go to the resources tab and the first four digits is the address.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 04:20:54 AM »
thanks Hodd now it works!great!
the only problem I have still to solve is that mach3 doesn't work if I run it as a windows client otherwise it work without any problem if I run it as administrator. Do you know any way to use it as client?
bye!

Hood

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 02:17:49 PM »
I think when Mach was installed the option for single user (or whaever its called ;)  ) was chosen, because of this the only account able to use it will be the Admin as that must have been the account it was installed from. Maybe if you reinstall Mach over the top of itself from the admin account you will get an option to install for all users, choose that and you should be able to use it from any log in. If that doesnt work then login to your normal account and install Mach from there. It might be an idea to back up your xml file before doing anything as that is the file with all of your configuration settings.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 03:12:32 AM »
Hi Hood, I reinstall Mach3 and now it works!great! I have only to tune the motors hoping not to burn them :-) I think I will find some indications in the forum to set correctly the parameters...I'll look for
Thanks again!

Hood

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 01:59:02 PM »
Just start midway  on accell and low on velocity then gradually wind up the velocity until you are losing steps then mess around with the accel and velocity to get a happy medium.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 10:58:17 AM »
ok I follow your advice! Is there any risk of burning motor, for example if I set maximum acceleration or speed value?

Hood

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 01:18:31 PM »
If its steppers the worst that will happen if you will lose steps. You will soon know you are loosing steps as your motors will squeal but no harm will be done.

Hood