Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:11:24 AM

Author Topic: Questions abount CNC  (Read 2918 times)

Questions abount CNC
« on: May 15, 2007, 06:23:10 PM »
I own a Sign Shop and I have had a request for some plastic name plates. A little smaller than the ones you would find on an office door. They would be routed with
text. The order calls for 100 plates with 100 names. My question is, using the Mach software, how hard is it to set up a CNC Machine to do 100 different names?
Is the process difficult and time consuming or can the changes be made quick and simple.
I have never used and am not familiar with CNC machines but considering purchasing one for this job if it is not a difficult task.
Thanks for any help in this matter.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Questions abount CNC
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 10:53:43 PM »
You would love CNC. I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:25:44 AM »
There is a learning curve as with all things, how steep will depend on many factors. The bigest one will be whether the machine is set up with Mach or whether you have to convert it over. I suggest you look at the videos and manuals and also download a copy of Mach and start messing with it, all can be had by using the Download menu at the top of the forum.
 As for the text, there is a write wizard in Mach, although I have never actually used it it should do what you want. Simply type the text in the box, put in a few dimensions and it will write the code for you.
Hood

Offline GPDC

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 12:34:23 PM »
just a thought.....with so many guys hanging around here that are already where you need to be RIGHT NOW, can you just sub this order out to a responsible party and in doing so, you buy yourself some time to get a system s/u for yourself...? and NO, I'm not applying for a job, but I'll bet somebody in here could help you....gpdc