Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:35:09 AM

Author Topic: Artsoft sold??  (Read 9859 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Artsoft sold??
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 12:25:09 PM »
>>Edit, or is that pieces of monkey?

LOL, North American reference. Google : "Reese's Pieces" , a native alternative to the more
mature brand of Rhesus Pieces.. though both have near identical taste.

Art

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 04:41:59 AM »
I havn't been into CNC for many years now, and yet I still marvel at the legacy of Artsoft and how it truly affected the WORLD in bringing CNC to the masses, where it once was an elite game.
It still amazes me how a man sitting in his shed could have made such a massive difference globally, especially for developing countries. Its my dream to be like that.
In my books, Art and Artsoft are unsung hero's.
Regards Benny (Hi guys, its been a while :) )
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:47:40 AM by Pythagoras »
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 05:25:26 AM »
Hi Benny,

It has indeed been a while, welcome back  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 08:04:49 AM »
Benny!

You old hound dog. :-)

Nice to hear from down under..  Small world, was thinking of you the other day,
(I wrote a screen designer recently and thought how proud you'd be that I used gradient blushes,
shrinkable graphics and leds and such. All a legacy of the Benny years.. :-)

Your right about M3,in over 170 countries, I figure about a quarter million users worldwide and a countless
number of small business's, spinoffs and machines sellers who began ( even if they no longer use m3)
as a result of the ubiquity of printer ports in those years.  Do an ebay search for mach3, ... amazing.. I plucked
a word from the air, and it became a larger word.

>>It still amazes me how a man sitting in his shed could have made such a massive difference globally

LOL, it wasn't one man in his shed, it was one man in his basement dungeon with a crazy Australian who loved
music and graphics (you), a few Americans who decided to join in ( Brian, Brett )and a few Brit's like John Stevenson,
Steve Blackmore and John Prentice.  And then there were the OEM vendors, like Dan Mauch, the first to convince me
to allow others to sell Mach3 along with Peter Homann with his ModIO. And probably about a dozen others originals,
We started as a small group, but we DID get awful large. :-) .
To me those will always be the best of times.. Somehow, in some way, a confluence of time and space
brought together a core group of people who did, I think, change the cnc world. I know it would have happened
anyway, in its own time and with some other group, but I have to say, I feel honored and privileged to
have been selected by fate for that group.

Its good to hear from you, brings back pleasant memories.

>>Its my dream to be like that.

You accomplished that dream a long time ago... :-)

Art

Art

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 09:53:23 AM »
Art,
  I couldn't have made thousands of flute stands in the last 10 years without your great Mach3 product. Small businesses around the world owe YOU a debt of gratitude for opening our eyes to unlimited possibilities in low cost manufacturing! I use Mach3 daily and can't imagine my shop without it. It would not exist!
 Many,many,many Thanks!
Glenn
Don't assume anything.....it'll make a Manager out of U and Me!
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 12:23:12 PM »
Unbelievable, I was just driving home and heard on the radio that one of the kardashians has released an app showing how to eat Reece's pieces!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2016, 06:55:08 AM »
heard on the radio that one of the kardashians has released an app showing how to eat Reece's pieces!
???? What does that have to do with this thread. ??????

RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 07:06:20 AM »
I don't even like Peanut Butter.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 07:14:43 AM »
LOL, OK, if they sell more, I want my cut. :)

Rich:  ( This thread has absolutely nothing to do with reece's pieces.. ), its really
about rhesus pieces..

Art