Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:53:18 PM

Author Topic: help,cannot find "Ports pins check" feature of Machscreen  (Read 10539 times)

help,cannot find "Ports pins check" feature of Machscreen
« on: February 27, 2016, 02:32:26 AM »
hi, I'm newbie on mach3 and screen design and I am design a screen set with 2 LPT ports, but donot know how to define the pins Led in "Diagnostics"page...
So I find there is a feature of Machscreen:"Ports pins check" or "Options -> check ports pins", But I cannot find it in my Machscreen(v1.64) :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
help :'( :'( :'(
Re: help,cannot find "Ports pins check" feature of Machscreen
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 02:39:35 AM »
here is my machscreen, donot have  "Ports pins check"  :'(

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 08:22:56 AM »
I don't think anyone really even know what the "pins" LEDS even do. What you really need is just LED's for your functions, to tell you if the functions are working. You don't need the screenset to do anything with the pins.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 11:19:04 AM »
I don't think anyone really even know what the "pins" LEDS even do. What you really need is just LED's for your functions, to tell you if the functions are working. You don't need the screenset to do anything with the pins.

THANK YOU for reply
but How to confirm the correspondence between the pins and oem-code number .... I made a image to express  :-[

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 02:03:40 PM »
oem leds 137 to 160 are the leds on the left i.e. those on the standard screen
of that group AFAIK only the 5 input leds actually work i.e. oem numbers 140 to 144.

All leds from 1000 up are user defined.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 12:15:37 AM »
oem leds 137 to 160 are the leds on the left i.e. those on the standard screen
of that group AFAIK only the 5 input leds actually work i.e. oem numbers 140 to 144.

All leds from 1000 up are user defined.

thank you, if i design 1 parallel port I can use "oem leds 137-160" for pins state, but if design 2 parallel port I must use "user defined leds",so how to defined each user led to pins...
sorry, still cannot understand :(

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 03:52:38 AM »
have you read the appropriate manuals here: http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals

Here's some tips on what you need to be reading up on.

You'll need to understand how to read the 3 ports of a parallel port i.e. the data, control and status ports.
You'll then need to understand how to mask out the appropriate bits and then use those values to set or clear user LEDs.
All this will need to be done in a loop so you'll need to understand the macro pump.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 06:01:31 AM »
Hi coldcut

as Gerry and stirling already stated, these LED's are for diagnostic purposes only and shouldn't be used for user pages. The menu item you are referring to, is removed from MachScreen. This function is now part of my app MachProfile.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 06:42:41 AM »
have you read the appropriate manuals here: http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals

Here's some tips on what you need to be reading up on.

You'll need to understand how to read the 3 ports of a parallel port i.e. the data, control and status ports.
You'll then need to understand how to mask out the appropriate bits and then use those values to set or clear user LEDs.
All this will need to be done in a loop so you'll need to understand the macro pump.

yes, there is lots to learn... I was idle in this :-\
I thought it is a short cut to learn from otherone's screenset file, so....
I konw sometime the user button and user DRO need user script
But the screenset which I learn from(SwissU) has no script for the parallel port pin LEDs
so now... I think the userLED of oem-code 1855 to 1888 is defaults to belong to parallel port pins state, such as the LED of oem-code 137 to 160 :-\

THANK YOU , I will goto learn more :D

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 06:48:51 AM »
Hi coldcut

as Gerry and stirling already stated, these LED's are for diagnostic purposes only and shouldn't be used for user pages. The menu item you are referring to, is removed from MachScreen. This function is now part of my app MachProfile.

Klaus

THANK YOU Klaus, you are the author of Machscreen... it is really a great tool
Now I understand
Thank you all ;)