Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:51:34 AM

Author Topic: CSMIO/IP-A Error Connection failed  (Read 5247 times)

Offline DMBGO

•  201 201
  • Time is the same in a relative way
    • View Profile
CSMIO/IP-A Error Connection failed
« on: February 26, 2016, 04:23:16 PM »
Hello everybody
Last April I bought a CSMIO/IP-A controller, with a view to replacing the proprietary GSK controller that is on my King Rich mill. One thing led to another and I didn't get around to installing it.
Yesterday, however, with the anniversary of the CSMIO/IP-A's purchase coming up, I decided to extract my digit and get things underway.
Unfortunately I am stuck at first base so to speak.
Here is what I have done and the results:

1/ Downloaded the latest non beta firmware from CS LABS website.
2/ Supplied 24v and an Ethernet connection to the IP-A
3/ Let it obtain an IP address on my sub net using DHCP
4/ Added a reservation using the IP-A's MAC address on my DHCP server
5/ Ensured that I could ping the IP-A on the IP that I had reserved (192.168.1.103) from the PC that runs Mach3
6/ Checked that the reservation was "active" on the DHCP server
7/Used the firmware uploader to upload the latest non beta firmware (This was successful and it displayed the IP for the IP-A that I had reserved on the DHCP server).
8/ Ran Mach3 and selected the CSMIO/IP-A as the motion device
9/Got a communications error. The plugin is unable to communicate with the IPA.

Given that the PC that runs Mach3 is on the same switch as the IP-A, that the PC can ping the IP-A and update the firmware, and that the whole system works fine with a Smooth-stepper, I don't think there is an issue with the PC. I also tried updating to the beta release of the IP-A firmware to no avail.

As we say in the Australian bush "Bugger"

I have e-mailed the above to CS Labs, but have not yet gotten a reply. I hope the problem is caused by me, but I have had a lot of experience with computers over the years, and I am worried that the IP-A is faulty.

Cheers

Dave
Cheers

David

Offline DMBGO

•  201 201
    • View Profile
Re: CSMIO/IP-A Error Connection failed
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 04:30:09 PM »
Oh and the status lights on the IP-A look to be normal. The two banks of leds scroll wile the IP-A is booting, then once initialisation is complete, it has the status0 to 3 leds blinking about every second and the Ethernet link and data leds on steadily.
Cheers

David

Offline DMBGO

•  201 201
    • View Profile
Re: CSMIO/IP-A Error Connection failed
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »
I feel silly now - it is fixed.
It was the Pc after all. As soon as I set mach up on a different Pc the issue was gone. I don't know what the issue was, but I suspect it had something to do with XP on the initial Pc, the second one was running Win 10.
Cheers

David