Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:46:50 PM

Author Topic: Input Piin Problems No Auto Find  (Read 1658 times)

Input Piin Problems No Auto Find
« on: February 21, 2016, 06:45:05 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Having a problem with the inputs to select E-Stop, Probe. It seems as though the E-Stop will work without checking the box or port# or pin# and active click, but flashes and toggles to run Mach or put into E-stop. Work's either way. I am running a Camtronics  Controller and had a problem yesterday about loosing the whole stepper setup and contacted Dan and he walked me through what I could have a problem with. Thanks Dan. Come today it started all over again input pins, and probe not working. I pulled the top of the controller off and did under power NOW to see what might be happening, and found that the gecko's 201's are pulling 0.04 volts on pins 2,3 4,5 6,7 and will jog and run a GCode. Fine. Now while in there I took a reading of the Pins 10 , 12 , 13 , 15 , and they read 4.2 volts. Quite a difference. I tried to get pin 13 to use the probe, and it will not work, however I can click on the Z- button and it will move slow ,but not stop as the wire is touched to activate the plate. CRASH!  In diagnostics screen, inputs are lit green from left to right 7 lit and no more on the top line. Using the auto find it is useless, as it won't work even on trying to set the E-Stop. Replaced the PP Cable and made sure it is Straight through, and it is. At this point I don't know what else to do. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can try next, Machine is grounded to the PC and PC is GRD to the controller and My GFI is GRD to the house wiring and test's OK. Also plugged in a regular outlet and same results. This Really has me Baffled .   
             Hank S.
Re: Input Piin Problems No Auto Find
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 11:13:14 AM »
Hi All,
Just checked the voltage again and found .5 volts on 2=3 4=5 6=7 my mistake from yesterday ,and 4.38 volts on 13=12=15=10. Still am not able to use the input 13 or the others to use the probe. Is this voltage TOO high from the PVC to use.