Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:34:42 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 / PMDX 422 Set Up - Limits and Homing  (Read 2292 times)

Mach 4 / PMDX 422 Set Up - Limits and Homing
« on: February 21, 2016, 11:57:30 AM »
OK, Ive got all the limits and homing settings in.  Switches are checked and connected to the right pins (homing 11,12,13) , limits (A,B,C).  I know I could wire limits together but I chose this method.

I can jog on each axis successfully, and the machine reliably stops at the limit and home switches.

When I hit the 'home' button, the machine blows right through the home switches and hits a hard stop - regardless of the order of homing.

What is causing this, and how can I fix?

Thanks
Re: Mach 4 / PMDX 422 Set Up - Limits and Homing
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:30:14 PM »
This sounds like some sort of configuration issue.

Please supply your configuration information by using this Mach4 function:

>Help>Support>Package Current Profile

This will generate a single file with all relevant configuration information. You can
post the file here, or email it to PMDX.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 09:11:56 PM »
Curiosity - when, for example, you home the X axis, look at the Mach4 "Machine Diagnostics" screen and see of Mach4 shows the "X Home" input going active at all.  If not, bring up the SmartBOB "real time status" display (go to the Mach4 "Diagnostics" menu and select "PMDX SmartBOB", then from our dialog click on "Show real-time Input/Output Status" button.  Then see if the expected input signal goes active.

And still send us the profile package :-)

Bob
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 08:43:34 AM »
Yes, it goes active..Same for other axes
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 10:10:09 AM »
Given that you are seeing the home indicators going active, before you send us that Mach4 profile package (or after, if you've already sent it, then "in addition") I"d like you to create a plug-in debug log that includes the homing sequence.  The instructions for this are posted here in item (4) in our SmartBOB FAQ section:

http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-Forums/index.php?topic=75.0

Enable the debug log, then exit Mach4.  Restart Mach4 then try to home one of the axis.  When the homing fails, disable the debug log and create the profile package as described in the FAQ.

It looks like the MachSupport forums don't allow uploading a file with the default profile package file extension (.m4prof), so you may need to rename the file to ".zip".  Or you can email it to us at the support email address listed here: http://pmdx.com/support.

Bob