Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:36:20 AM

Author Topic: Windows 10 and Mach4  (Read 5763 times)

Windows 10 and Mach4
« on: February 16, 2016, 11:59:03 AM »
I have noticed many people getting Mach4 working with Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to use the Darwin Plugin, but no matter what operating system I use, it will not install correctly.  Always stating the C++ 2008 drivers are out of date.  I have tried Windows 7 32 bit, 64 bit and now on Windows 10 Pro.  I am using Run as administrator on every installer I use and I always get the same error.  I really do not want to go back to Windows XP.  I am looking into the PMDX-411 USB to Parallel adapter, but not sure it would work with my controller.  Since the instructions for all of these products never mention operating systems, I am looking to the forum for help.

Thanks,

Daryl

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 and Mach4
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 12:27:05 PM »
Mach4...

Software Requirements

Mach4 Recommended Requirements:

PREFERRED: 32 or 64-bit Laptop or Desktop – Using an External Motion Controller
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
An appropriate external motion controller
Mach4 Plugin for the selected Motion Controller
2Ghz CPU
1GB RAM
Video Card with 256MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

*Use of Parallel Port for machine control only with desktop style computers with 32-bit versions of windows 7 and below.

32-bit Desktop – Parallel Port Recommended Requirements
32-bit version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
Mach4 Parallel Port Legacy Plugin (cost applicable)
2Ghz CPU
1GB RAM
Non-integrated Video Card with 256MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

For Win10 I suggest you check out the PMDX motion controller and also the Warp9, Smooth Stepper motion controller.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Windows 10 and Mach4
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 01:52:19 PM »
A more detailed set of recommendations for computers to support Mach4 can be found
at the bottom of this web page:

http://www.pmdx.com/Mach4Hobby

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com