Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:07:23 AM

Author Topic: Change diameter  (Read 5537 times)

Change diameter
« on: February 09, 2016, 04:06:59 AM »
Is it possible to change the diameter of the tool during runtime? The ability to adjust the coordinates of the position of the head of the machine is necessary to me.

I am implementing feedback from the lathe. There is a device that calculates the real position of the processed material. Data from the device is transmitted to the computer via COM-port using the Modbus protocol. Depending on the received data, the diameter of the tool or coordinates of the head of the machine must be changed.Adjustment of diameter is preferrable because  mach3 itself produces recalculations.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Change diameter
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 09:13:16 AM »
What device?

RICH
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 09:56:58 AM »
The device specialized and designed for machine tools. Not a purchased.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:07:21 AM »
Don't really have an answer for you and will admit that the question is thought provoking.

Is it possible to change the diameter of the tool during runtime?

Well, first one would need to know some of the controller internals and that only Artsoft would know.

Instead of diameter of the tool would think that you need to reword to say "controlled point". Lathe tools have tool offsets and wear can be checked and applied to change the values in the tool table. If a drill or reamer  the machine dosen't care about diameter of it since the controller moves the tool based on the controlled point for that tool.

Runtime is a little ambigous and could be taken as instantaneous change during the actual machining and not a series of machine steps where one has machined, checked / verified against some standard, make changes,and re-machine.
You need to carify what you mean!

I would also think that changing the X axis home / referenced / Machine Coordnate X=0 is a bad idea as the lathe center line really never changes ( practically speaking ).

Device.....may not need a device ....... all depends on how you want to accomplish the task and the standards that will be defined as the basis for a comparison.

RICH

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 05:03:52 AM »
Good . Ask another question.
I load the g-code and give the command to run. The g-code is a string «G01 X15 Y15 F500», if I get the signal from the LPT - port, I can change while the value of X?

Business logic:
If(LPT_PIN_6 == true)
{
   X=X-1;
}

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 06:41:40 AM »
My guess would be that you can't.
BUT
Maybe someone else can address what your trying to do.

RICH

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »
Yes and no (;-)

(;-) TP