Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:50:29 PM

Author Topic: homing not zeroing axis?  (Read 4918 times)

homing not zeroing axis?
« on: May 14, 2007, 07:27:23 PM »
Hey all...

my mill has recently developed a new feature!  of course, this could have very easily been accomplished by someone "fat-fingering" the touchscreen... 

but, here it goes...

started up the machine today and re-homed it.. we utilize prox switches for home switches... with homing speeds @ approx 6 ipm (if that)... @ activation of the prox, the machine reversed direction, and backed off the switch.  I looked @ the DRO, and it did NOT read 0.0 as I would expect?  I went through the entire homing process, and this occured with all 3 axis.

I fortunately, make a backup of all files on the mill every time i work on it, and so i backdated the entire M3 directory to 14 days ago, when i last considered making changes..   Powered up the machine, and it homed just like it was supposed to...  with an axis of 0.0 after the homing.

Am I just missing something really stupid here?  I checked through all my notes, and don't see that I have done anything to M3 since 4-30-07 (when my last backup was), but as i mentioned above, and operator could have "fat-fingered" something on the touch-screen.

any help would be great if someone could possibly help shed some light here..

oh, machine is running Win2k, latest release of Mach3

thanks!

-Nate
Re: homing not zeroing axis?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 11:02:14 AM »
So,

after doing more testing, and using my M3 directory from 5-14-07, I dropped in my XML from 4-30-07 (last backup point), and the homing was working perfectly fine...
I had just wanted to confirm that this was a setting issue, and not an "external file" issue that might be caused by a macropump, or an m-code/etc...

-Nate
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 08:19:04 PM »
Hello Nate

Did you check the home/limit page for the auto zero?

Rick
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 09:32:59 AM »
Please check that the machine coordinates are set to zero. It will not zero the fixture offset on homing.
Thanks
Brian

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 03:29:28 PM »
you know, i didn't.. but i will!

Hello Nate

Did you check the home/limit page for the auto zero?

Rick
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 03:31:25 PM »
Please check that the machine coordinates are set to zero. It will not zero the fixture offset on homing.
Thanks
Brian

it was in machine coordinates, and i did double-check with the "machine coordinates" button below the DRO's...   I will have to check the "auto zero" in the homing screen...  i don't know how/when that might have gotten changed, but it is very possible...

btw, thanks for the assistance on the machine yesterday Brian.. much appreciated...  it's been up & running the better part of the day, making dust outta foam :)

-nate
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 09:36:39 PM »
We may have to get some video of it running someday ;) We will not talk about what you are making  8)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 08:29:44 AM »
we can most likely do that!

speaking of what we're making..  started on those *other* foam cores yesterday.. talk about entrancing to watch!  found myself leaning closer and closer with some drool hanging out of the corner of my mouth  :P

-nate