Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:23:21 AM

Author Topic: Microsoft Windows 10  (Read 10016 times)

Re: Microsoft Windows 10
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 11:26:14 AM »
Wow, I just confirmed this myself.

My original CNC controller PC was XP.  When I upgraded it to Win7 32-bit I stopped using it for my CNC machine and instead purchased a dedicated Dell Optiplex 745 running XP.
I upgraded my Win7 PC to Win10-32-bit six or eight months ago (and never tried running Mach3 which was still installed in C:\Mach3 because I had heard it wouldn't work).

As the "free" upgrade to Win10 deadline was approaching I decided I'd better upgrade my Dell Optiplex to at least Win7 32-bit.  I installed Win7 OEM (which was NOT an upgrade install but a fresh new install, did the Win7 updates, then performed the Win10 32-bit upgrade.  My C:\Mach3 folder and installed files were still intact.  I had the ubiquitous problem with the win10 upgrade hanging on the "Checking for Updates" after downloading and verifying all the installation files.  After numerous attempts and web searching to correct this to no avail, I tried the downloading the installation file set to an .ISO filetype then burning to DVD.  The Win10 install completed flawlessly, along with updates.

It was only then that I tried running my mach3.exe from C:\Mach3 and it would not load my profile, would give me an error that C:\Mach3 was Read-Only, then only open a blank Mach3 app window.  I re-installed Mach3 to C:\Mach3, same thing happened again.  After reading that Win7, 8 and 10 uses User Access Control (UAC) to limit what can be stored in the root of C: I did the install of Mach3 to C:\Program Files\Mach3.  Same thing happened as before.  I must still sort out what is going on with this Dell Optiplex.

Just now, on a lark, I went back to my former CNC generic PC (which had been running Win10 32-bit for almost a year without problems) and double-clicked on mach3.exe in C:\Mach3....and it ran, opened the normal Mach3 app window.  The properties of C:\Mach3 showed this folder (and subfolders) to be Read-Only (go figure).

So I have my definitive answer, Mach3 will run (and open a normal app window) on an upgraded XP to Win7 to Win10 32-bit PC (the parallel port driver working not with standing).

I'm going to try to do a fresh Win7 32-bit OEM install on the Dell Optiplex 745, with updates etc., then install Mach3 fresh to C:\Mach3.  Then I'll see if it runs normally or requires UAC to be disabled.  If it does run either way, I'll then try the Win10 upgrade and see what happens.

I hope this helps someone else.
airnocker

Everything depends on everything else
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 01:54:42 PM »
An update and continuation:

I restored my Win7 by using Win10 Settings > Update & Security >Recovery > Restore Previous Version.  Fortunately my C:\Windows.Old directory was still intact and viable.  Windows 7 was successfully restored and fully functional.  I reinstalled Mach3 to the C:\Mach3 folder and launched it with known good configuration profiles.

The first error I got was "Unable to open ProbeDiag.dat Error=5", I clicked OK and then got "Plugin DLL defective.  Reload".  After clicking through OK, Ignore on several more error messages, Mach3 opened with only a command menu bar, the rest of the window was blank.  I closed out of Mach3 and restarted Windows 7.

After the restart I ran "Regedit" and turned off User Access Control (UAC) by going to this registry setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\EnableLUA

By defualt, in Win7, 8 and 10 Enable UA=1, which means "enabled".  Double-click EnableUA key and changed it to a "0" to disable it.  A reboot is required after doing this.

After the reboot, logged into Win7, double-clicked my Mach3 shortcut and Mach3 opened (with only the "Plugin DLL defective. Reload" error) and the normal Mach3 windows now opened.  I took the plugin error to be related to my having the XBox controller plugged into a USB port with no driver loaded after exiting Mach3, then I loaded the XBox driver and re-launched Mach3.

This time, Mach3 opened normally, with no errors.  After hitting the reset button and clicking through the initial reset warning screen I had the normal Mach3 control window before me.  However, after going into Config > Config Plugins and re-enabling the XBox plugin the XBox joysticks are not working (yet).

The CNC4PC parallel controller board (C1R10) is initialized and the stepper motors are on (holding torque) but I cannot control any axis of the machine to move, so I'm investigating.

DOAH!  I've run Mach3 for over 6 years under XP successfully, that I forgot to run DriverTest.exe after installing Mach3.  Doing so and rebooting, now it ALL works like it used to.

That's all I'm posting here as it only relates to getting Mach3 to load and run after changing from Win10 back to Win7.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:05:07 PM by airnocker »
airnocker

Everything depends on everything else
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 04:10:40 PM »
Greetings everyone!

I am Brazilian and I do not know how to speak English, I am using online translation, I apologize for my bad English.

My note book has currently installed windows 10 home single language updated in version 1803.

30 days ago I installed in my note book the Mach3 version 3.043.066 and used the USB port normally, I just had to make the program run in compatibility mode Windows XP SP3, however the update version of my win10 at the time was the 1709.

The problem came after my windows 10 upgraded from version 1709 to 1803. and it happened on July 14, 2018.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem without having to go back to the 1709 update?
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 04:16:52 PM »
Hi,
there has been some discussion about the latest Microsoft updates screwing up Mach3. There is a patched version of .062. This is the thread with the details:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,37291.0.html

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 04:23:56 PM »
Hi,
there has been some discussion about the latest Microsoft updates screwing up Mach3. There is a patched version of .062. This is the thread with the details:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,37291.0.html

Craig

Thank you