Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:33:52 PM

Author Topic: @ TP  (Read 6404 times)

Re: @ TP
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 10:25:55 AM »
Ok TP I believe your code is PERFECT. I did a step by step to see what was going on and see something that is indeed skipping the G28. It is an error, dont quote me on this but something to the effect of "G28 and G30 not allowed with cutter compensation". I indeed do have a G42 being generated by my code. So I gotta try and find a way around that. But the error indeed specifically stated the error was BLOCKING the G28.1 Z.5" command.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 10:35:16 AM »
OK YES you do indeed have to come OUT of any offsetting to use G28.1.  But with plasma why would you be using offsets ? Just curious or did your old CAM does it.

You can program around that problem add this to the start of the script of the script.   Can you post a copy of the file. It may help IF I can see exactly what the Gcode looks like in actual useage.  IF we can get that cleared up it may be we can trim back some of the script to make it work better(faster).

Code"G49 G40 "   ' cancel offsets
While Ismoving()
Wend
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 04:04:29 PM »
TP I will get you some more info Monday. Just wanted to say I am hugely thankful for you. I got everything working great! Now I need to play with my DTHC settings till it works well. It does weird things but probably because im @ high speeds (350 ipm). For instance it will track UP with material, but when the material goes back down it just keeps a straight line and doesnt attempt to correct itself

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 05:24:26 PM »
That would be a setting in teh DTHC  tip saver is probably locking you out (;-) or teh Minmax setting in mach3  or (;-) the list goes on.

Holler if you need more help, you know where I can be found.

(;-) TP