Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:25:51 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Screenset Customisation Question - Sliders  (Read 3005 times)

Mach4 Screenset Customisation Question - Sliders
« on: January 26, 2016, 06:55:54 PM »
I have a custom mach3 screenset.... basically a black screenset with green text, nice and easy to see in the garage / workshop, extract below. (for a plasma)

I have started to fiddle with a plasma screenset in Mach4 (not my creation...) and also tried to make the background black... unfortunately the sliders seem to have a white background behind the green text.... any suggestions on how to get rid of this?

The LED's seem to have a white ghosting about them (the circular ones seem to be particularly distorted hence have gone for the rectangular ones although they still have a partial white border.

Also text setting.... is there anyway to make the text bold (I get \n = newline).... just wondering about the contrast / definition seemed a better visual in Mach3 somehow...

thanks
Rob

running build 2803
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Screenset Customisation Question - Sliders
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 04:37:44 AM »
Unfortunately I never found a way of changing the foreground colour within the screen editor or with any external wxform builders, i may be wrong but I came to the conclusion that wxlua/wxwidgets was using the system colours for sliders and other controls so it could use the windows themes.

Again the leds are a very hit n miss thing - every now and then even during normal running the background of these can turn white, unfortunately this is not a mach4 coding error, it is somewhere between wxwidgets or wxlua Z height control.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
Re: Mach4 Screenset Customisation Question - Sliders
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 04:43:29 AM »
Thanks Daz, maybe someone from NFS will pick up as a minor bug (if it can be fixed) or provide a comment.

I was going to try to have a fiddle with fonts as it appears lua does not really do bold... But if you change the font to bold looking font, problem solved.

More reading and learning to do...
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”