Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:32:05 AM

Author Topic: Long motion pause after M3 - Candcnc plasma system  (Read 4530 times)

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
Long motion pause after M3 - Candcnc plasma system
« on: January 09, 2016, 08:53:41 PM »
I have an MP3000 - DTHC system from Candcnc, based on Mach3 with a custom plugin.

M3 is used to fire the torch. The problem I am having is there is a pause of about 3 seconds after the torch fires before motion starts.

I recieve the ARC OK signal immediately (ARC OK led lights on the screen) after the torch fires.

The spindle delay settings are also at zero.

Anyone know where this pause could be coming from. I'm hoping it's not the Candcnc plugin that's the problem.

This isn't just causing a big hole at the pierce point, it's also causing the system to shut down due to overvoltage. The Candcnc plugin has a tick box "SHUT DOWN ON FAULT" yet despite that NOT being ticked the system still shuts down on volts out of range.

Keith.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Long motion pause after M3 - Candcnc plasma system
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 10:19:38 PM »
Try reloading a backup XML or create a new one. You may have a currupt XML. Also double check your Gcode to make sure there is NO pierce delay causing it. Have you changed your kernal speed lately ???

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:21:17 PM by BR549 »

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 11:35:22 PM »
Thanks Terry,

this is a quite fresh install since I went through all my spare PCs. I just set them all at 35000 for kernel speed. No G04 after the M03 Terry, just move to cut height and commence XY moves.

I'm starting to remember some years ago I mentioned this problem on the Candcnc forum and after a bit of push push I got a reply of something along the lines of there's a fault in the plugin !!!!!!! I'll have to try and find that one.

This is the interesting thing. I increased the THC DELAY to 5 seconds and the Fault Delay in the cut profiles to 5 seconds also, and what happened ???????????  The pause in motion increased to 5 seconds also !!!!!! That says to me there's something in the Candcnc plugin causing this.

I've had enough of this old Candcnc system and I want nothing more to do with it. The PN200 I bought always had those rogue steps as did many others. I'm going to move to a basic system with breakout boards and an external THC. I don't want any more of this old plugin stuff and proprietary electronics. The new Candcnc stuff might be better but I never seem to have had a trouble free run with this old MP3000.

Keith.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 11:37:08 PM by beefy »

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 12:08:07 AM »
I've found that thread I mentioned:

http://candcnc.com/supportforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=311

Time to get rid of this system.

Keith
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 06:27:59 AM »
int he ports and pins/spindle setup, there is a general parameters section where delays can be setup.  Are you sure you do not have a delay set in any of the fields?  defaults are 1 second.

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 01:53:35 PM »
Thanks Fixittt,

checked that one already, and all set at zero.

The plugin has a settings box and a tick box "Use Mach3 THC Delay". I ticked that and it stopped the problem. It's all rather vague & confusing because the Mach3 THC Delay is to ignore the THC Up/Down inputs, whereas the plugin delay is called "Fault Delay" and is supposed to ignore the fault conditions the plugin monitors, such as over/under voltage, etc. So they are two different beasts. When I first got my MP3000 the story was the two delays run side by side and the Fault Delay should be set slightly longer than Mach3 THC Delay. Information and recommendations seemed to change in the early days of these systems as various bugs were found.

Keith.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 03:32:41 PM »
good to hear!  Glad its solved.