Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:40:40 AM

Author Topic: Probably simple but...(G-Code help)  (Read 24706 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Probably simple but...(G-Code help)
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2016, 01:39:32 PM »
DID you veiw the brain to see what part of teh brain drops out ??  OR simply watch the Cycle Start LED. I  a large LED on screen to make it easier to see.

Also download the program you  ran. Is there anything in it that can cause teh CycleStart to drop out momentarily ?? Again watch teh LED while it is running.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2016, 01:41:19 PM »
It will about a hour before it will let me veiw it from here.  Ill check back later

(;-) TP

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2016, 02:00:40 PM »
DID you veiw the brain to see what part of teh brain drops out ??  OR simply watch the Cycle Start LED. I  a large LED on screen to make it easier to see.

Also download the program you  ran. Is there anything in it that can cause teh CycleStart to drop out momentarily ?? Again watch teh LED while it is running.

In the video you will see the setup, I had the brain viewer and the mach screen up at the same time, the bottom line is the #var and that comes on and off as expected, the top line is the Run LED and that is on 100%

Could this in any way be connected to the screen set being customised for the CandCNC control system??
just clutching at straws :)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2016, 04:06:58 PM »
OK WHY were you tapping teh keyboard ??

(;-) TP

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2016, 04:10:15 PM »
OK WHY were you tapping teh keyboard ??

(;-) TP

I most certainly was not :)

The tapping noise was either my teeth chattering or the probe firing on and off ;)

G-Code attached...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:11:58 PM by Davek0974 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2016, 07:39:20 PM »
OK I downloaded the program file and the sub file and the brain AND it all works fine here. Everything fires when it should and doesn't when it should not.

I will say that teh CandCNC program file is severely overloaded with gizmos that don't add to your cutting experience one bit . MOST of that is not needed to run an AIR Plasma CNC cutter.  Can you explain what all teh M00 and M01 are all about ?? You may consider doing away with a lot of teh Mcode traffic in the cut file.

NOT that I am picking on you it is that I have never seen that much traffic on the Mcodes in plasma cutting before.  And Yes I do use CandCNC products from time to time BUT  I eliminate 95% of those special gizmos that have little to no REAL value.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2016, 08:13:58 PM »
NOW IF you cannot get it to work with your system like you want you MAY consider doing away with teh brain and just use a set of macros to turn the output on /off.  That way teh Solenoid will never fire on load IF you have that box checked in config.

OR you can do it all in the macropump where you have access to Isloading() to have it NOT activate while Isloading(). 

(;-) TP

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2016, 01:28:06 AM »
Hmm, Ok, it must be connected to the screens then, thanks for testing it all out.

The M01/M00 are my personal addition (there are a few of them) and it enables me to switch on "Stop on M01" on the screen so it pauses between every cut - most of my stuff is arty farty and tip-ups are very common - this gives me a chance to pull the drop out of the way before the torch slams into it, being a home-shop, material is more important than time so wastage is not in  my dictionary.

On simple jobs I just set the optional stop off and let her go. The first M00 is a candcnc thing to give a chance to check your settings before the off.

I might look at macros, maybe its the better job for this task.

I presume I need to pull the #var out of the G-code and replace with a macro call?
Couldn't give us an idea of how to switch could you :)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2016, 02:20:55 AM »
BTW that job i sent is a fiddly SOB, lots of very small square holes etc and its cut in aluminium, i use plenty of sheet cam rules to allow me to cut a square 5mm hole pretty well usually, thats probably why it looks loaded with junk :)

I guess I just need two macros - output on and output off then replace the #var lines in my subroutine with calls to the right macro??

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2016, 09:52:02 AM »
Converted to a pair of macros and all working well in the test setup, will try it on the CNC tonight. The macros just call activate or deactivate signal(output3), M1050 & M1051

Also been messing with the screen background today, tidied it up, made the tool path window bigger and deleted some junk. :)

And, I even managed to get the "Dry-Run" button script to not run if the RUN led is on,  testing for GetOEMLed(804)=0 and putting that If...Then...End If  around the button code did the trick.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:58:26 AM by Davek0974 »