Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:58:48 PM

Author Topic: EPO on pendant shutdown power to spindle/steppers  (Read 1608 times)

EPO on pendant shutdown power to spindle/steppers
« on: December 29, 2015, 12:57:22 AM »
I have Mach3 parallel to a Bob Campbell BOB. I am using a Vista CNC pendant Parallel port to Mach.

The pendant connects directly to Mach through a second parallel port.  The pendant has an EPO button that puts Mach into reset mode.  I would like when I hit the pendant EPO that it puts mach into reset, but also will send a signal to the BOB to flip a relay and shutdown the power to the CNC spindle and steppers.  BUT I dont want a press of the Mach reset button to trigger a full shutdown.  I want Mach to treat the reset button and the EPO button on the pendant differently.

I am OK with with wiring and parallel port stuff,  I just cannot figure out how to config Mach so that when the eStop pin from the pendant goes high, to also send a signal to the BOB - but not to send a signal when I press reset on the Mach screen.

Suggestions?
Re: EPO on pendant shutdown power to spindle/steppers
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 01:12:13 AM »
*sigh* nevermind.  I just found out that the VistaCNC pendant has a dual pole EPO switch with one side connected to terminals on its special parallel port specifically for shutting down the control box.